Hey all

Tiernan

Hi, Introducing myself as I've just joined up to the forum.

I'm from Northern Ireland, I'm mainly a fantasy/fiction book reader but I have ventured among the natural history, short story books and other genres a little. I'm currently exploring my next book of interest so first of all if there's any recommendations as to a great fantasy book I haven't read please let me know.

And please excuse any spelling errors... the fantasy book titles are rather difficult to remember spelling of sometimes :readingtwo:

To give you some idea of the books I've read:

Tolkien's LOTR trilogy

Harry Potter books

David Eddings titles

Terry Goodkind titles

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (Susana Clarke)

The Bartimeaus Trilogy (Jonathan Stroud)**Most recently read**

Raymond E Feist titles

Other books:

Steven King (Short story compilations and some other fantasy based titles)

Terry Pratchett's Discworld books

Thanks for any help in advance, I look forward to chatting to some of you on the forums.

Tiernan.

Hi Tiernan and welcome to the forum. :readingtwo: I haven't read a great deal of fantasy myself but I intend to eventually. Can you recommend any particular titles by Eddings and Goodkind?

Kylie: Start with the Belgariad - they were his first (and best), set of books. Pawn of Prophecy, Queen of Sorcery, Magicians Gambit, (forgot the title of the fourth one!) Enchanters End Game. Or if that feels daunting, Redemption of Althalus is single story that is over 1,000 pages long, but full of humour!

Tiernan - Welcome and enjoy - I am reading a Patrick Rothfuss one called Name of the Wind - it is good so far.

Hi Tiernan and welcome to the forum. :lol: I haven't read a great deal of fantasy myself but I intend to eventually. Can you recommend any particular titles by Eddings and Goodkind?

I have only read The Malloreon series by Eddings and I really enjoyed it, although his descriptions take a little time reading and a lot of detail goes into each scene. I would at least recommend trying this series of his books if no other because I believe they are most definitely worth reading.

Terry Goodkind however is an author I have plenty of time for. I've read all of the Sword of Truth series and enjoyed every book. He has such a writing style that keeps you intune with the storyline, with the usual twists and turns. The description of scenes is very good and the imagination and characters he uses makes me wonder why his works are perhaps less well known in comparison to other 'popular' fantasy novels.

Thats just my opinion though :readingtwo:

Hope this helps