What's the first thing you do?

SueK

I read the back about the synopsis, only if the title and front cover lure me in. Does anyone read the last chapter first? I have heard of people doing that, and for me it is unthinkable!

I know A LOT of people that read the last chapter first. My mum is one of them. I can't understand it, especially if it is a whodunnit. What is the point:blush:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know A LOT of people that read the last chapter first. My mum is one of them. I can't understand it, especially if it is a whodunnit. What is the point:blush:

I read the back about the synopsis, only if the title and front cover lure me in. Does anyone read the last chapter first? I have heard of people doing that, and for me it is unthinkable!

I would never do it, and cannot understand why someone would want to do it either....unless they do not like surprises...:razz:

My bf picks up my books and reads a page near the end to annoy me and says 'oh who is so and so and why is he doing that' :friends0::motz:I need to do it to him sometime get my own back but I can't bring myself to do it :tong:

That doesn't make sense to me either reading the last chapter :S I usually try the introduction and then one around the middle area.

I will quite often read the last sentence. Usually it will not contain a spoiler (not many books have last sentences such as "Then, he died." or "She married someone else." or "The butler did it."), but rather an indication as to the message of the book (that is to say, how it wants to leave its readers feeling), which enables me to distinguish between books that will depress me or inspire me, make me shed tears of sadness or joy, and (most importantly) between books that will mean something to me and books which will leave me cold.

I usually read the back blurbs, then the review snippets (if any) in the front. But always open a page at random, read a little as to the written style and check out the print. If it is too small or not easy on the eyes, I opt to leave it behind or if it sounds too good, I check out audible or different editions.