Does anyone else ever dream about the books they read?

Last night I was reading 'The End of Mr Y' but dropped off for minutes at a time and then woke up and carried on reading. During the sleep moments I was dreaming the storyline but making up what I thought was going to happen next and then once awake confusing myself on whether what I thought I had just read was from my dream or in the actualy book. :razz::tong::friends0:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I finsihed reading Granite City by Stuart MacBride I started having horrible dreams about murder/violence just a couple of weeks ago. I had the same kind of dreams for 5 or 6 nights, they were quite scary :razz:. I think it also had something to do with what I was watching at night before I went to bed. So I started drinking hot milk before I went to bed and started reading or watching something with a bit of humor and they stopped. :friends0:

I once had a dream after reading The Hobbit. I hadn't yet got up to them meeting the dragon. I dreampt i was reading it in bed but i could actually see it happening ahead of me. Then i was actually in the book. The dragon was in a tower, like in shrek. Then for some reason my mum and dad were with me and the dragon saw us snooping around the castle and grabbed us all! Then i woke up. I was a bit gutted actually because it was a really exciting dream.

Like I said before, I have some dreams about books I've read.

I'm reading the Maximum Ride series now and I had the coolest dream about it.

was at my old 'school' trying to get away from a whole bunch of 'Erasers'. I eventually got away, but when I tried to fly I couldn't! The rest of the dream I was just trying to learn how to fly.

I haven't recently dreamt of a book, aside from my dreams being set in parts of Scotland! Thanks Linda Gillard! :)

I did however, have Rupert Giles, the librarian and watcher from 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' in my dreams last night, and yes it did involve vampires! It was also set on the Isle of Mull. :)

It had never happened to me until recently (well, not that I remember it happening before anyway) and it was while I was reading Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. I had a dream I was Amish and living on a farm. Can't really remember much of the detail in the dream to be honest, but it did weird me out a little when I woke up. Not sure if it was because of the content of the book and the fact I'd just found out I was pregnant at the time too.

Last night I dreamed of Edward Cullen. I've finished the Twilight-book yesterday :weeping:

Yes, I often cross him over with my all time favourite character (Arkarian from the Guardians of Time trilogy :)) in my dreams - as in, I take my favourite bits of each, discard the rest, and voila! :)

It's rather strange, I must admit, and I sort of dozed off in French the other day. When I woke up there were these boys sniggering at me, which made me wonder if I sleep-talk. :weeping: