The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

Michelle, I do believe it would be a genuine reaction if you said you did not like them, you like what you like, you don't like what you don't like :lurker:

Edited by Weave

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard people say that they're not very well written, and yet I'm seeing people on here re-reading for about the 10th time! Why?!

I'm one of those! They're just so completely addictive and the story itself I completely adore. The writing is not great but the plot and characters make up for that, in my opinion. ;)

Did anyone see the New Moon clips?? :woohoo:I got far too excited!

Personally, I think everyone should read Twilight at least once. :lurker:

I'm one of those! They're just so completely addictive and the story itself I completely adore. The writing is not great but the plot and characters make up for that, in my opinion. ;)

Did anyone see the New Moon clips?? :woohoo:I got far too excited!

Personally, I think everyone should read Twilight at least once. :lurker:

I'm with you there Bee :) The story is great, I adore it. But the writing itself isn't brilliant. It's not very complex and she repeats a lot of phrases throughout all four books.

I saw the clips and got excited too. Wish I could watch a version that didn't have lots of insane screaming (although I would have been the same :D). I got annoyed at the second clip because I want to see more!!

:) I thought exactly the same thing about the screaming. I definitely would have fangirl squealed a tiny bit had I been there! :lurker:

I loved both the clips so much.

The vision of Edward was ten times better than I expected, I was worried it would look a bit ****.

And the

Italy

scene was just amazing. Let's hope summit releases the clips officially so we can watch it without the screams! ;)

The thing is, if I read it, and say that I dislike it, would anyone believe it's a genuine reaction?! :lurker:

I'm an optimist and I'd like to believe that everyone here makes honest, genuine comments about books, whether they like them or not (that certainly seems to be the impression I get from everyone on this forum anyway). Besides, you don't even have to tell us if you read them, I was just curious to know whether you thought you might? I just wondered if, especially once all the fuss has died down, and the books aren't on anyone's radar anymore, you might just try at least the first one?

Okay. I'm actually ashamed to be a girl right now. Yeah, the guys are hot or whatever, but that's hardly a focal point of seeing new clips... right? Those girls need to get boyfriends, badly. 'Omg he took his shirt off lolololol boys have boy-parts.' Please :lurker:

The clips were otherwise good.

I was beginning to feel challenged, so I wandered over to greenmetropolis to take a look.. and everyone is charging extra postage on it! Is it really that big?

Twilight and New Moon aren't that big, but Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are, especially as BD is only hardback atm and it's like 700 odd pages

Thankfully I live by myself and the cat is clueless so she probably wasn't shocked when I let out a little 'squee' whilst watching those clips. ;)

Ditto though on seeing the clips without the background fangirls commentary. And sorry, but how amped up was the cheese-ness factor when

Jacob took off his shirt to give to Bella for her bleeding head? Ugh. I would much rather just see a 3 minute clip of a nice Edward apparition :lurker:.

Very cool second clip though from Italy. Definitely leaves us wanting MORE!

;) This will be likely moved to merge. I don't think the non-fans could take another thread based around Twilight!

Um, I would say it's probably aimed more at females but I reckon guys could definitely enjoy it too. At least, I know a few that have! It's worth giving a go anyway. :lurker:

Um, I would say it's probably aimed more at females but I reckon guys could definitely enjoy it too. At least, I know a few that have! It's worth giving a go anyway. :lurker:

Don't listen to her! She's trying to seduce you with her vampiric ways! Run away, as fast as you can!

:lurker: This will be likely moved to merge. I don't think the non-fans could take another thread based around Twilight!

It's more the fact that there's absolutely no need for it - this is a question which could be asked in the Twilight thread.

So yes, merged!