Easter menu

What are you having for Easter Dinner

We will have:

Traditional honey baked ham

home baked beans

potato salad

pickled eggs (hard boiled eggs marinated in a crock for a couple days with beets and the beet juice)

I love to eat the pickled eggs with horseradish.

ham, pineapple stuffing, layer salad (bacon, lettuce, mayo, sour cream, cheese, etc), kielbasa, galumpkies (meat and rice baked inside of cabbage), baked macaroni and cheese, snowflake rolls, green been casserole, potato salad, layer pretzel cake (so amazing, my mom bakes it. its frozen strawberries hardened in strawberry jell-o ontop of a layer of cream cheese and cool whip onto top of a layer of crushed pretzels baked in butter sauce..sooo good) among other desserts people bring. yes, its a feast.

ham, pineapple stuffing, layer salad (bacon, lettuce, mayo, sour cream, cheese, etc), kielbasa, galumpkies (meat and rice baked inside of cabbage), baked macaroni and cheese, snowflake rolls, green been casserole, potato salad, layer pretzel cake (so amazing, my mom bakes it. its frozen strawberries hardened in strawberry jell-o ontop of a layer of cream cheese and cool whip onto top of a layer of crushed pretzels baked in butter sauce..sooo good) among other desserts people bring. yes, its a feast.

Nice menu. I also like kielbasi.

Halupkies is the Ukrainian term; galumpkies the Polish term. No matter what they are called, I love them.

We don't have an Easter meal either, but I always make home-made hot cross buns and we have lots of chocolate easter eggs. :smile2: I love the marshmallow ones by Cadbury's but everyone else seems to prefer the hollow chocolate ones and creme eggs.

If I was in Canada we'd be having a glazed Ham, scalloped potatoes, etc, but as my OH refuses to eat pork, we'll be having:

Roast Chicken

Scalloped potatoes

Honey roast carrots & parsnips

Peas

Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Butternut squash

Home made apple pie for dessert

Nothing special here - I bought 2 small easter eggs the other day, which I expect we will have on Friday, and then whatever vegetables we have (we are both vegetarian) - stuffed courgettes maybe with goats cheese, black olives and cherry tomatoes, or whatever is in the freezer.

Nice menu. I also like kielbasi.

Halupkies is the Ukrainian term; galumpkies the Polish term. No matter what they are called, I love them.

i eat the inside of the galumpkies cause i'm not a fan of cabbage but i love kielbasa too! :welcomebcf: ( i mean i am polish so it only seems natural lol) but I love easter dinner, SO GOOD :D

I'm not sure what Easter dinner will include as I'm going to someone else's house, but I think they said something about turkey, so it'll probably resemble Thanksgiving.

It's funny, but I'm part Lebanese, and we have something that is similar to galumpkies, but we just call them cabbage rolls. We also make them with grape leaves instead of cabbage. But they are filled with ground beef and rice, and my mom also throws in lemon juice and cinnamon. Then they are boiled to perfection covered in tomato sauce. Are the Polish and Ukrainian versions like that as well? Also, my mom puts the beef/rice in the cabbage raw, but I think I've seen some other people cook that stuff first.