Grown-up and Still Reading Young Adult Books?

Fionen

As an adult, do you still read young adult books?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. As an adult, do you still read young adult books?

• all the time
    • occasionally
    • once in a blue moon
    • never
    • other

Indeed I am. I like to float in between Adult and Young Adult books. Often I find I am just in the mood to read YA books as I can read them and just relax without thinking too hard. I also think that I am pretty mentally immature for my age, so I can identify with the YA style of writing pretty well. I am 24 by the way.

I'm also 27 and love reading young adult fiction. I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld at the moment and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I have plenty of YA books on my bookshelves and I think the standard is of very high quality, in general. They're nice light reads for when you want a break from heavier books.

Im 22 and I enjoy YA books too. They cover some topics I don't find elsewhere and can be very enjoyable. Isn't Harry Potter YA, or was originally anyway and His dark materials? I recently read Michelle Paver - Chronicles of Ancient Darkness and thought they were brilliant. Celia Rees is another YA author I love.

I think alot of people here (from what I've read) appreciate YA books even though they are much older than the focused age range, they are books after all, young people read adult books. :D Your not alone.

I'm the oldest so far at 42!

I occasionally read young adult books (or children's books might be a truer statement) - in the last two years off the top of my head, I've read Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Forever (Judy Blume) and Enid Blyton's The Land of Far Beyond.

I often read YA and even chidren's books. Some of my favourites include the Artemis Fowl books, The Edge Chronicles and The Snow Spider trilogy, as well as Ronia; The Robber's Daughter by Astrid Lindgren. Terry Pratchett also wrote a few Discworld books aimed at the youth market which I loved.

Edited by Kell

It was C.S. Lewis that said (I'm paraphrasing) a book is a good book when you can pick it up in different stages of your life and find there every time something new, a different perspective you hadn't noticed. So one should read anything any time he or she wants. :D

I voted "Once in a Blue Moon" b/c I think the only ones I've read are the Twilight series... I think I'm going to look into more YA books soon though, as the genre seems to be going pretty strong at the moment -- bound to be some fantastic reads in that section! :D

I read the Twilight series and really enjoyed them. I like to read YA books so that I know what I'm talking about when kids at school come into the Library and ask me "have you got any good books Miss?"

I'm erm........ 44 by the way .....

Edited by Echo
merged :-)

Yes, I'm in my thirties and I still read lots of them!

Favourite author is Meg Cabot, plus I've loved the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz and the Young Bond series by Charlie Higson, plus Twilight and Harry Potter series along with virtually everyone else! I also really enjoyed the first book of the Ingo series by Helen Dunmore, and am looking forward to getting the other two once my TBR pile has reduced.

I'm almost 52 and still have Anne of The Green Gables and the Twilight series to get to- I did read all the Harry Potters and the Lemony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events books - there's always so many books to pick from!!