Hiya

Fionen

I'm Fionen from West Virginia, USA. I feel a little out of place because I'm not much of a book person. I read maybe 2 or 3 books a year. My hope is that this forum will give me the inspiration to read more and consequently become a little smarter. :)

Some of the authors I like are Robert Jordan, Garth Nix, and Tamora Pierce. As you can see, I tend to stick with fantasy but I also read the occasional sci-fi and suspense. I'm ready to try some other genres. Maybe you guys can help. :)

Hey there.

FWIW I have definately had more motivation to read since I have been reading this forum.

I don't read much true fantasy but my younger brother is completely obsessed with Robert Jordan.

Tamora Pierce. - I've read one of her books, First Test(?), and I enjoyed that.. just haven't had chance to get the next ones.

Garth Nix. - I've read his Keys To The Kingdom series, and I'm waiting for Sunday to come out. :)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you all for welcoming me. :D

I don't read much true fantasy but my younger brother is completely obsessed with Robert Jordan.

I've only read through the 5th book. That's a lot for me considering how big they are. It really is an amazing series and I plan to finish it someday. It's a shame that Robert Jordan was unable to finish the last book but it sounds like they have a great author working on it now.

Tamora Pierce. - I've read one of her books, First Test(?), and I enjoyed that.. just haven't had chance to get the next ones.

Garth Nix. - I've read his Keys To The Kingdom series, and I'm waiting for Sunday to come out. :D

I've read The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce. Those are the only books I've ever read more than once and I'll probably read them again in a few years time. Alanna is so awesome. I've also read the first two books in The Immortals series which were also excellent.

I've had a few people recommend The Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix. Now you're one of them. ;) I've only read the first two books of The Old Kingdom series. As usual I started a series and lost motivation part of the way through. A book can be fantastic and I'll still lose interest. It's my curse.

Yey! Another American to add to us scattered about :)

I'm originally from Alabama.

It's nice to know that I'm not alone. :D I've never posted on a UK forum before. I keep imagining all of these different accents. I've been watching The IT Crowd so if someone is from Ireland you can bet that they sound like Roy in my head.

Hi Fionen and welcome! If you like reading even a little, then you're definitely not out of place here!

I'm sure we can help you with recommendations. You'll be getting more books than you have space for in no time! :D