New IT movie!

Owen

I'm conflicted - I loved the mini series, and would compare any film version with it. Then again, I'd love to see it done on the big screen. Argh! :shrug:

With a book the magnitude of IT (one of my all-time favourites) i'm very apprehensive. I didn't think the mini-series did much justice to the novel (apart from some good acting from Tim Curry and the kids) so i guess it could be interesting.

Ahhh, probably won't be as good as "Stephen King's It". I like the movies he is involved in. It doesn't look like he is involved in this one, thus it is just called "It". Very few of the movies that he has no hand in, I don't like. The last one that I liked was "The Mist".

Edit: Just went to the Stephen King board, and found out he just found out about this Remake. He had no clue. So he is looking into that. So how can they option a movie from his book w/o his knowledge?

Edited by busy91

Edit: Just went to the Stephen King board, and found out he just found out about this Remake. He had no clue. So he is looking into that. So how can they option a movie from his book w/o his knowledge?
It's probable that Stephen King (or his agent) sold the adaptation rights long ago, and it's only now that someone's attempting to make a movie. It would be a courtesy to tell him about a possible film, but not strictly necessary if that's the case.

It's probable that Stephen King (or his agent) sold the adaptation rights long ago, and it's only now that someone's attempting to make a movie. It would be a courtesy to tell him about a possible film, but not strictly necessary if that's the case.

When I know some more, I'll let you guys know.

I'm the only one who read the title of the thread and though New Information Technology movie, aren't I?

No, Raven, you're not!

Trust you two! ;):smile2:

I'm looking forward to seeing IT! I loved the series and the book :shrug:

I'm the only one who read the title of the thread and though New Information Technology movie, aren't I?

It took a while for it to dawn on me!

IT should be good, the book definately was.

It will be very different. The miniseries/book took place in 1958 when they were kids and 1985 when they were adults. The new movie moves the timeline up to present. So the kids are in the 80s and the adults are now.

I'm just a Stephen King purest and if he didn't write it with mobile phones and the internet, it shouldn't be there (but it will be).

It'll certainly be interesting how they adapt it to more modern times. I thought that was part of the charm of the book though, the time their childhood was set. I wonder how different it'll be.