The Big 'Chick Lit' Survey - For the Fans and the Critics!

I just finished reading Adriana Trigiani's new book and loved it! And what I like most about it is the descriptive language regarding food and shoe making and sense of place (New York and Italy and more. (Valentine and her grandmother carry on the family business of making custom wedding shoes and her new love, Roman, is a chef and owner of an Italian restaurant.)

Trigiani is also the author of the Big Stone Gap series that take place in Virginia as well as several standalones. All good reads!

Edited by grammyva
Posted URL in error!

There was an interview with her on the Claudia Winkleman show on Radio 2 this weekend, and one of the things she talked about was about the label "chick-lit".

Hi, thanks for letting me know about this. I was actually sent the radio transcript by someone on Marian's 'team', but I wasnt told where and when the interview took place, so now I know it was on Radio 2 with Cluadia I can reference it properly, thanks again :lol:

Hi, thanks for letting me know about this. I was actually sent the radio transcript by someone on Marian's 'team', but I wasnt told where and when the interview took place, so now I know it was on Radio 2 with Cluadia I can reference it properly, thanks again :lol:

You're welcome. You should probably be able to download the interview in the podcast for the next 24 hours or listen again on the BBC iPlayer, but it will only be there until the next episode of the programme tomorrow night, if you want to listen to it.

I completed the survey for you. Hope you'll post about your conclusions at some point :)

Yes, considering everyone has been so nice as to help you out, I do hope that you'll return with the results, if if you don't bother to continue posting here any longer.

Yes, considering everyone has been so nice as to help you out, I do hope that you'll return with the results, if if you don't bother to continue posting here any longer.

I had every intention of letting everyone see the results. I cannot right at this particular moment as the surveys are still open and it is important that the answers are not encouraged in any way by other peoples answers. It is about finding out and reflecting individual opinion and I have to state this clearly in my research. But thanks for making me feel so welcome. I'm not sure how that statement was meant, but I'd just like to offer my sincere thanks to everyone for their time and kindness, it really is appreciated :-)

Edited by Philipa_Kay

Yey! Glad to hear you're still able to post the results once the survey is done.. this should be really interesting, as surveys like this keep out of all the bias and influence from others. :) We're happy to wait, as it will lead to a truer and more accurate overall response to read!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know the survey is now closed. I now have enough responses for a good valid analysis to be carried out. I'd just like to thank you all once again for taking the time to fill out this survey, it really has been appreciated and I've loved finding out what you all have to say. I will post the results up as soon as I can, but this may take a while, so please be patient with me. Again, thank you :-)

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I was hoping to publish the results straight from the survey site in order to create a link but I've been trying for ages and I just can't figure it out. If anyone however would still like to know the results, feel free to message me with your email address and I will send them, along with initial analysis by word document. Thanks again everyone for filling out the survey and also for your comments and advice :-)