Jeffery Deaver

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charm :)

Do you want me to edit my posts so there's nothing to read about LR books??

Edit: Ps. I'm up for the third LR book The Empty Chair after reading The Vampire Lestat and the Dexter books if anyone's interested in joining me. Maybe after a couple of weeks. (I also need to get the book first of course)

Edited by frankie

:D No way Frankie! That would not be fair at all :yahoo: But thank you for offering! :hug:

I'll just have to behave :smile2:

If I've caught up I'll definately join you in The Empty Chair, after I finish The Bone Collector .... The Coffin Dancer...... Dexter in the Dark and Dexter by Design of course! :):jump:

If I've caught up I'll definately join you in The Empty Chair, after I finish The Bone Collector .... The Coffin Dancer...... Dexter in the Dark and Dexter by Design of course! :D:yahoo:

If we keep going on like this soon we've organized and planned our reading for the whole year :) Kidding! :smile2: But it is really nice to have people who read the same books at the same time :jump:

Edited by frankie

Charm :)

Do you want me to edit my posts so there's nothing to read about LR books??

Edit: Ps. I'm up for the third LR book The Empty Chair after reading The Vampire Lestat and the Dexter books if anyone's interested in joining me. Maybe after a couple of weeks. (I also need to get the book first of course)

I'm a couple of chapters into The Coffin Dancer (I've got loads of uni work due in soon so I feel guilty spending a great length of time reading :lol:) I'm enjoying it so far! Hopefully I can get quite a bit read on Thursday :lol:

Definitely up for reading The Vampire Lestat next (as you know I've been really eager to read it since Interview with the Vampire) and the Dexter books sound good too! I think we're set for the rest of they year at this rate!! haa!!

Oh good you found your way here Nicola, forget what I wrote in the messages I sent you regarding LR! And take your time with The Coffin Dancer and don't panic because I've got those teen fic books I want to finish :lol: Then we can catch up with The Vampire Lestat.

I've got the next two Lincoln Rhyme books coming my way in a week I think. I'll be reading those as soon as I've finished my nostalgic teen fic, The Vampire Lestat and the Dexter books. Oh my, my to-be-read-instantly pile is growing :)

I haven't written them yet! :lol:

I am most definately interested in The Coffin Dancer of course! I'm torn between Dexter and Dracula at the min and I've just signed up for an 8 book bookring! :lol: I'm gonna be busy :)

Oh .... and by the way ..... Where the hell have you been??? :motz:I havent seen you in ages!

I'm going to start The Stone Monkey. It is the fourth in the LR series, I think. Anyone read it or will be reading it?

I read it quite a while ago, I`m sure you won`t be disappointed. :lol:

Stone Monkey lived up to my expectations! I thoroghly enjoyed it, twists and all. (or esp twists? :) )

I hated it when Li was killed, although I was expecting that one, because he added some nice spice to the story, although I could not beleive it how he was portrayed as a bad guy one minute, and a good one the next.

I was also expecting Lincoln

to go ahead with the operation, although I knew that he cannot die, obviously.

The Dr John Sung twist, I did not see coming - I thought it was very good!

An enjoyable book - everything a thriller should be - although I found the first two chapters a tad slow, (perhaps as I had not gotten into the story yet), the rest of the book was a rollercoaster of a read!

Glad to hear you liked The Stone Monkey Maureen :)

I have to brag about finally getting The Stone Monkey and The Empty Chair today in the mail. Also found The Vanishing Man by chance in a charityshop today so I've got the next three LR books in line waiting to be read :) (I still haven't watched the Bone Collector, hmph! Maybe I should watch it this weekend)

Maybe I should watch it this weekend

Oh you definately should. Its a bit different from the film in places but still good entertainment. :lol:

Charm, shall be posting The Coffin Dancer off to you tomorrow!!

:) Brilliant! I'll read it after the Count then. thank you! :)

I love the Lincoln Rhymes books. I have read two, both bought from charity shops. I have read The Vanished Man and The Twelfth Card. I have to read the rest but want to go back and start from the beginning.

I am not starting my new Wish List! :)

I love the Lincoln Rhymes books. I have read two, both bought from charity shops. I have read The Vanished Man and The Twelfth Card. I have to read the rest but want to go back and start from the beginning.

I am not starting my new Wish List! :)

You should definitely start from the beginning! :lol: You are in for a treat, I just read the first two LR books and for me they were mind blowing. I think Jeffery Deaver is competing against himself in a league of his own, no one's up to par with him :)

You should definitely start from the beginning! :) You are in for a treat, I just read the first two LR books and for me they were mind blowing.

Rcee, Frankie's right! You should start from the beginning (why does that word look wrong?). I have a couple of them that you can have if you want? They're from further into the series, but you could hang onto them to read when you get to them.

I think Jeffery Deaver is competing against himself in a league of his own, no one's up to par with him :D

:D Oh, I sooooooo agree with this sentiment!! I would have to say that he is definately my favourite!

You should definitely start from the beginning! :) You are in for a treat, I just read the first two LR books and for me they were mind blowing. I think Jeffery Deaver is competing against himself in a league of his own, no one's up to par with him :D

I think you`re probably right about Jeffery Deaver (especially with the Lincoln Rhyme series) :D They are excellent.

Start from the beginning and enjoy them RCee. :)

Charm, The Coffin Dancer is winging it's way to you as I type (it is minus the banana bread, though)

Excellent! I shall hold the postie to ransom til I get it! :D Don't worry about the banana cake, I'll take a raincheck :D Besides I'm up to my eyes in homebaked cookies and cakes!

I'm going to have to go back to the start of my Lincoln Rhymes series. I only recently read 'The Broken Window', but you Deaverettes keep talking about the books and making me want to revisit! :D

Darn it! My TBR pile is huge, but I may not be able to resist LR re reads. :D

*note to self, STOP going into the Lincoln Rhyme thread*