Jeffery Deaver

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that all Deaver's books are amazing whether they are Lincoln Rhyme -books or not... :lol:

Well........................There have been a couple that I didn't like, but that could just be me, I suppose. :blush:

Well........................There have been a couple that I didn't like, but that could just be me, I suppose. :blush:

I can`t remember the titles but there are a couple of JD`s books that I didn`t enjoy, so you might be pleased/relieved, to know it`s not just you! :lol:

Hey, If I may backtrack a bit - I loved The Blue Nowhere too! Read it a while ago, so some details are hazy - but would recommend it to JD fans.

I'm just about to start this book tonight/tomorrow morning thanks to Charm :D Then I'm going to read the Stone Monkey as I found a copy in a really cool little 2nd hand book shop in Whitby.

I've never read it. You'll have to let us know. Maybe the Mods should merge this thread with the Jeffery Deaver one, since we have done a lot of talking about Non-Rhyme books on here. Maybe I'll suggest it to them?

Good Merge! :D

I read 'The Devil's Teardrop' ages ago, and although I don't recall a huge amount of the details, I remember it being a tense (in a good way!) and engrossing read - a typical Deaver novel!

Same here regarding The Devils Teardrop, I`m certain it was a good read although I can`t remember the details. :D

Wahey! I've read Twisted and finished it today. What a brilliant collection of short stories. I've done a bit of a review thingy on Mac Reads 2009. I loved it. I'm now hoping I can be a Deaverette - I've got my tu-tu out of the loft and washed my leotard in preparation...:D

Wahey! I've read Twisted and finished it today. What a brilliant collection of short stories. I've done a bit of a review thingy on Mac Reads 2009. I loved it. I'm now hoping I can be a Deaverette - I've got my tu-tu out of the loft and washed my leotard in preparation...:D

:D I'd pay good money to see this!! :)

You can now officially call yourself a Deaverette!!

Good Merge! :D

I read 'The Devil's Teardrop' ages ago, and although I don't recall a huge amount of the details, I remember it being a tense (in a good way!) and engrossing read - a typical Deaver novel!

Sounds good to me! Tense and Deaver-like is as good a recommendation as I need. Should be 99p well spent then.

Wahey! I've read Twisted and finished it today. What a brilliant collection of short stories. I've done a bit of a review thingy on Mac Reads 2009. I loved it. I'm now hoping I can be a Deaverette - I've got my tu-tu out of the loft and washed my leotard in preparation...:)

Haaa! What you like!! :D

Just finished my first Deaver novel, The Cold Moon. No longer a Deaver virgin.

:) Even though the book is the seventh in the Lincoln Rhyme series, I started with this one as it is the one which introduces the character of Kathryn Dance, a member of the California Bureau of Investigation and one of the nation's leading experts in interrogation and kinesics—body language, nonverbal gestures, postures and facial expressions by which a person manifests various physical, mental or emotional states, and communicates nonverbally with others. Body language fascinates me. Deaver has written two other books about Kathryn Dance, so I am heading that way.

From Amazon:

In The Cold Moon, Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs square off against a criminal who calls himself "The Watchmaker," a master assassin who gives new meaning to the phrase "a riddle wrapped up in an enigma"—you will spend a lot of time trying to figure out what his game is, but to no avail. That's because this book is quintessential Deaver--just when you're patting yourself on the back for having figured everything out, the author throws you one of his trademark curveballs, keeping his heroes and his readers in a constant state of confusion and agitation right up until the very last pages of this swift paced and surprising thriller. Additionally, Rhymes colleague and lover, Amelia Sachs, is also running her own murder investigation, her first as lead detective. Although twists and turns are what Deaver has become famous for, he seems to be having more fun than usual with the canny and devious Watchmaker., an observation borne out by the unusual ending the author provides.

Though a hefty tome, 656 pages, I read the novel really fast. And the Amazon blurb is right. You think you have figured it out, but then Wham! (there is half a book left) you did not, but then maybe you were partly right – it’s a lie ! At any rate lots of fun.

Obviously, the ending was written to motivate the reader to continue reading the next in the series as The Watchmaker is not actually caught but moving to California I suspect for Kathryn Dance to get him

This is my favourite Deaver book so far Heather :lol: You'll never guess the ending! :she:

Oooh, I really need to buy these books...:lol:

This is my favourite Deaver book so far Heather :lol: You'll never guess the ending! :she:

I have 77 pages left to read so I should finish it today.

Oooh, I really need to buy these books...:lol:

Mac would you like this book when I am finished with it? If soo just give me your addy and I will post it soon.