• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darn it! My TBR pile is huge, but I may not be able to resist LR re reads. :D

*note to self, STOP going into the Lincoln Rhyme thread*

Do stay! Besides, resistance is futile! ... :D

Okay that settles it then! I'll nip to the book shop tomorrow and see if I can get hold of The Bone Collector. I have a ways to go in the book I a reading now (it is a not a book you can rush, this one) so it will have to wait a while but I am really fired up to read these now.

Do stay! Besides, resistance is futile! ... :)

Where's that evil cackle when you need it? :)

Couldn't find it. Couldn't remember how to write it! :D

Mwaha-haha! Is that it my most favourite Deaverinos? :D

Okay that settles it then! I'll nip to the book shop tomorrow and see if I can get hold of The Bone Collector. I have a ways to go in the book I a reading now (it is a not a book you can rush, this one) so it will have to wait a while but I am really fired up to read these now.

Good decision! :D Seems like you're reading The Crimson Petal and the White and that's one big book so it truly might take some time :)

Chrissy, Deaverettes :D That's a good one!

Mwaha-haha! Is that it my most favourite Deaverinos? :D

:D I shall remember that!

Chrissy, Deaverettes :) That's a good one!

We should get the thread renamed; Jeffrey and the Deaverettes! :)

Nah maybe not, I couldn't imagine a new member having any clue what it was about then!

Or we should put up a social group and name it that way :D And how 'bout them Dexterettes as well!

Haa! :D

Finally made good progress with The Coffin Dancer and I'm loving it!! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Can I make an early guess as to who the Dancer might be? I think it might be

Tony Perelli (?) the policeman who went missing in the first few pages of the book....Lincoln Rhymes was working on his case. I think he's got a split personality......on one hand he's the policeman, on the other he's the Dancer.

We shall see! :)

Nicola, what are you doing still up? Get off the forum and into bed with the book!! Off you go!!

Nobody has created the social group while I was gone? :D Am I supposed to do it myself? I have no idea how to go about it.

Hmm, I just went to go do it, but just want to make sure that we aren't duplicating......as there is already a social group called "There's been a murder", or something like that!

What does everyone think?

Nicola, what are you doing still up? Get off the forum and into bed with the book!! Off you go!!

About 100 pages of the coffin dancer left.....eeeeek! It's so good! I'm now thinking

'has the wife got anything to do with it? was she jealous of the who Ed and Lauren thing?'

But I still think that

Tony Panelli/Perelli has something to do with it!

Why else whould he be mentioned?? Hmmmmmmmmm.............

Right I'm dashing to get this finished! :):D:D

Ceinwenn hm, I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't mind us having a group of our own, because, well, I don't know if there's a particular reason. It's just that sometimes we write messages quite quickly and they are not always on topic 100%, and we may talk about the movies as well, and about sending other members the books and buying new LR books etc. Maybe the other murder group would not enjoy LR monopolizing the discussion? :)

I just started to watch the movie The Bone Collector and I'm already confused after 10 minutes. I felt really anxious when the movie started with Lincoln

going to the tunnel and him crawling in a really tight space, me knowing all the while what was going to happen to him.

Also, Lincoln's personal carer/helper/assistant, I've forgotten the name, but what, is she a woman??? Like wft. I was already confused by Denzel Washington playing Lincoln and Angelina Jolie playing Sachs. Soon I'll probably find out that Sachs is actually a drag.

Edit: Oh never mind, this one's Thelma, not the one I was talking about. I guess I just have to take the movie as it is.

Edited by frankie

Ceinwenn hm, I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't mind us having a group of our own, because, well, I don't know if there's a particular reason. It's just that sometimes we write messages quite quickly and they are not always on topic 100%, and we may talk about the movies as well, and about sending other members the books and buying new LR books etc. Maybe the other murder group would not enjoy LR monopolizing the discussion? :)

Well, those are my thoughts, too, but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

I just started to watch the movie The Bone Collector and I'm already confused after 10 minutes. I felt really anxious when the movie started with Lincoln

going to the tunnel and him crawling in a really tight space, me knowing all the while what was going to happen to him.

I didn't experience that when I watched it because I saw the movie before I read the book, so I had nothing to base the movie on.

Also, Lincoln's personal carer/helper/assistant, I've forgotten the name, but what, is she a woman??? Like wft. I was already confused by Denzel Washington playing Lincoln and Angelina Jolie playing Sachs. Soon I'll probably find out that Sachs is actually a drag.

Thom - again, same as above, but once I had read the book - oh yeah! I complained bitterly about them making Thom a woman!

Ceinwenn, I think a dedicated JD group is quite a good idea, as long as we remember to visit it! :)

Frankie that`s just how I felt when I first saw The Bone Collector! it took me a while to relax and enjoy the film. Infact I think it took 2 viewings. :D

I think a social group is a good idea, we do tend to go off topic a bit and it would mean we could chat about the movies and who's playing who etc. What would we call it though? Jeffrey and the Deaverettes? That might put male members off though :D Any suggestions?

So did you enjoy the film in the end Frankie or were you disappointed? I was the same as Ceinwenn, I saw the film before reading the book so again I had no expectations but I really liked it.

I recieved The Coffin Dancer in the post today from Ceinwenn. thank you! :) I'm so looking forward to this one :)

I know what you mean Frankie, I think you almost have to forget about the book to enjoy the film. It`s too off putting when you compare the 2, but it`s difficult not to. (if you know what I mean!) :)