All new What's for dinner?

Nici

Okay, all I recognized out of that was beans! :006: Can you translate the rest of it for this American, Kell? ;)

Sausage (toad) in batter (the hole) with large cut fries (almost potato wedges)! :006:

Tonight we are having chicken with potatoes and young tender cabbage. We need good comfort food tonight - it's been a long week so far!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly have no idea as i have to wander down to tesco to pick something up. ;)

Hey thanks, Chrissy! Sounds kind of what we call 'Pigs in a Blanket' here ;).

Are Pigs in blankets not more like a sausage roll? That's what I always thought they were, sausage in pastry. Toad in the hole is more like yorkshire pudding batter. Although I'm probably wrong.

Are Pigs in blankets not more like a sausage roll? That's what I always thought they were, sausage in pastry. Toad in the hole is more like yorkshire pudding batter. Although I'm probably wrong.

Nope, you are right, Stephanie! I guess I didn't see the batter part. I need to go to the English pub we have downtown and ask for it off the menu I guess ;).

Because our Christmas is in the summer, quite a few people have a mid-winter Christmas dinner here, so you would fit right in Stephanie :D We also have a mid-winter light display in the shop windows and I often wonder what tourists think of santas and reindeers and Merry Christmas signs winking at them in June (these Kiwis are crazy :lol:)