The Book Seat

Chrissi

I found this one the other day and thought it looks fantastic:

http://www.thebookseat.co.uk/

Wrote them a mail to ask where to buy them and got several links:

http://www.juniperaberdeen.co.uk/Products.asp?ManufacturerID=66&CategoryID=2

http://www.treehouseblue.co.uk/acatalog/the_book_seat_bean_bag.html

Thought I share it with you as it looks great, haven't tried it yet though. But I guess I'll buy one in a few weeks (pink one please :D)

Is there maybe someone who's got one? :irked:

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit lazy not to just hold the book? Imo theres such a thing as TOO much comfort. You can rest your arm/hands on your lap or something, thats what I do. Obviously it's useful for people who do have problems holding heavy books for extended periods, but I certainly wouldn't buy something like this because I didn't feel like holding a book. Most books I read wouldn't stay open ANYWAY. I don't break spines.

I just know it'll be one of those things that doesn't mould as well as it says it does and it'd end up getting thrown across the room when I'm in a bad mood!:D

You could get one of those book holders that people normally have for recipe books in the kitchen and cover it in bubble wrap or something:tong:

Wrote them a mail to ask where to buy them and got several links:

http://www.juniperaberdeen.co.uk/Products.asp?ManufacturerID=66&CategoryID=2

Thought I share it with you as it looks great, haven't tried it yet though. But I guess I'll buy one in a few weeks (pink one please :D)

I know where Juniper in Aberdeen is and am sure I saw them that last time I was in. I think I thought at the time....what is the point and they were a bit pricey, but can understand how they would be useful for some people.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit lazy not to just hold the book? Imo theres such a thing as TOO much comfort. You can rest your arm/hands on your lap or something, thats what I do. Obviously it's useful for people who do have problems holding heavy books for extended periods, but I certainly wouldn't buy something like this because I didn't feel like holding a book. Most books I read wouldn't stay open ANYWAY. I don't break spines.

I agree Roxi but a Gimble is great for me as I read at work during my lunch break sometimes and to hold a book whilst trying to eat a baguette is a pain in the butt and you have to keep putting the book down each time you have a bite:irked: So, they do have their good points.:D

But then I can see why some people would, especially with heavy hardbacks!

That's one of the times I could see it being useful, when I'm trying to read a hardback in bed. :lol: But I agree, too pricey,

I agree Roxi but a Gimble is great for me as I read at work during my lunch break sometimes and to hold a book whilst trying to eat a baguette is a pain in the butt and you have to keep putting the book down each time you have a bite:irked: So, they do have their good points.:D

I do have a book chair, which I got through the Disabled Student Allowance, but I almost never use/used it.

Sue, I agree that it's a pain trying to eat and read. :) If I had anything, I'd probably go for the bookchair.. it looks rather cute, and is cheaper!

The bookchair is quite good in ways, I have used it a few times for my textbooks when writing essays, and my Dad used it for a recipe book the other day. I like that you can fold it up and put it away easily

I have one of those bookchair's too and it's fab for holding my books when I'm quoting from one in my essays - trying to hold the page open and type was getting to be a pain. And it's also handy for proping up my notes whilst I'm typing :lol:.

Oooh I love this little cushiony Book Seat thing! It may be a bit "indulgent," but I can't imagine anything more comfortable! I can think of lots of instances where this could come in handy for me:

When I'm eating and reading at the same time, which I tend to do a lot.. You're right, SueK, it's a pain that the book has to be put down everytime you take a bite. :)

And it moulds onto the arm of a chair, which is wonderful when the cat wants to sit in your lap and be petted but you're reading!

AND I love to lay on my side and read, if I've been reading for a long time.. It's nice to swap angles, and holding a book or craning your neck while reading on your side is a huge pain.

And lastly.. my husband has to get up for work early in the mornings, so lots of times I'm still reading while he's going to sleep. Since he's a cuddler, I can just see myself propping this Book Seat up on his shoulder so he can cuddle and I can still read! :lol::smile2:

Kleeneze (I think that's how you spell it) used to sell a device which was a 'bath tray' but with a bit added on that you could use to rest your book on.

I had one of these in our last home.. It was a metal wire tray that held a candle, a glass of wine, and had a little book chair set inside of it. Almost completely eliminated the risk of dropping the book into the water!

Holding the book and felling it's pages under my fingers is actually part of the reading experience for me... I think it would just feel weird to read free handed! :lol: And I'd be afraid of breaking the spine.

But I agree it can be useful in some situations such as while eating or writing an essay.

I think that something like that would be good for me to have around for the days when my hands are too sore to shape into a grip to hold anything, but luckily that's not often (yet) so I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money!