Am I reading the right book?

phoebe

I am currently reading The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K.Rowling. Now, you may be wondering, 'why did phoebe post this New Thread?'. Well, it's because I dont know if I made the right choice of reading this book. I have read the first tale about the Wizard and the Hopping Pot. I thought it was quite good, but not really my type of story. But then I read the next tale about the Fountain of Fair Fortune, and it used creative language in so many ways.

I absoloutly loved it, but I'm still stuck. The 1st story wasn't brilliant, but the 2nd one was fantastic, and I dont want to read any more not knowing weather to keep reading, or give it up. I kneed you guys to advise me what to do, and if you have read the book EVEN BETTER! Please hurry with you replys,

Phoebe x

I want to read this too, but i've been wondering whether it's worth it, from the comments, it seems to be creeping up on my TBR list!

I think it is worth a read. The stories are magical world versions of 'muggle' fairy tales, and are readable and sweet. In this way JKR has hit the right note.

The footnotes by Dumbledore are ok, but I think I placed too much on them, and so was a little disappointed. Although there is nothing hugely revealing in the footnotes, they are fairly interesting and worth a read.

I'd say read on, but don't expect any revelations!

Even though I'm a fan of the HP's, I'm not even tempted to try this. I'm not sure why. So, I can't really comment on whether you should continue but it doesn't appeal to me. :lol:

I'm a bit the same... But I think I'll end up reading it just to see what it's like. And I'm hoping that as I dont have much expectations for it I will actually enjoy it!

Thank you for all of your replys guys, I think I am going to finish this book after what all you have said. Ill reply back when I have finished it, (which wont be long as it is a very small and thin book), and tell you what I thought of it.

Thanks for your help, phoebe x

Hi everyone, just to let you know, I have finished the book! It wasnt as good as I thought it would be, but The Fountain of Fair Fortune was my favourite.

If you have read it, please tell me what you think.

I would love to hear your opinions of it.

Thank you

Phoebe x

Edited by Kell
Capitals