Culinary question!

Nollaig

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like posh ketchup? :giggle:

Bearnaise? Posh ketchup??? :D Of course not. It's some kind of herby sauce (take mayonnaise and add some herbs in it if you want get an idea though it's really a different thing). It might be french, I dont know. Anyway, it's waay better than ketshup but still covering all food in it might be too much :)

Bearnaise? Posh ketchup??? :) Of course not. It's some kind of herby sauce (take mayonnaise and add some herbs in it if you want get an idea though it's really a different thing). It might be french, I dont know. Anyway, it's waay better than ketshup but still covering all food in it might be too much :giggle:

How very French reaction! *laughs* And I think it's known elsewhere as well. They may not do it 'properly' but at least I've come across it. And people haven't looked all confused when I've served it. Hold on, I'll check. *shouts out to BF* Do normal people know what b

I hate ketchup with passion. Just like ready-made meals. And canned food. There's really no excuse for any of those.

Oh dear. You would absolutely hate my diet. I live off of ready meals, I had one tonight. And my cupboards are stocked with canned food. I also love my ketchup.

:giggle:

How very French reaction! *laughs* And I think it's known elsewhere as well. They may not do it 'properly' but at least I've come across it. And people haven't looked all confused when I've served it. Hold on, I'll check. *shouts out to BF* Do normal people know what b

Oh dear. You would absolutely hate my diet. I live off of ready meals, I had one tonight. And my cupboards are stocked with canned food. I also love my ketchup.

Yeah for all my pasta and honey chicken sauces, that's my kinda thing too really. :o

And Chanel do clothes? Though it was just perfume....

Spose that just goes to show how much I know (and care) about fancy labels :)

Pass the ketchup, Bookbee! :D

You mean Chanel jacket to an M&S jacket?? I wouldn't wear a chair :)

No, I mean Chanel jacket to an Ikea chair. They are two very different things. (In other words, you wouldn't wear a chair, no one should eat ketchup.)

*smacks her head against the table* Auch! That hurt, actually! Godda... *curses in French*

No, I'm a food snob. Plain and simple. *laughs*

*laughs* I wasn't saying that because I think it just has to be french (honestly, we have way better food to boast about!), only because Charm hadn't heard of it, and I've had similar reactions elsewhere...

I was referring to the shock you had at the "posh ketchup" line. *laughs* I could almost hear the 'no no no'...

Your BF is finnish? I thought he was from the states? mmm it's weird the things you think you know when talking to someone on a forum, when really you've probably never said any such thing...

That's probably 'cause he lives in the States. He's Finnish. Thus all the summer at the summer place, chopping wood, topless... *gets totally lost in her own thoughts*

*snaps out* ******!

But yeah, it is werd how much we 'fill in the blanks', I've noticed doing it myself.

And Chanel do clothes? Though it was just perfume....

*looks up 'aneurysm' from the dictionary, thinking she may have just gotten one*

Ahhh well.

If I had the money and culinary skills I'd probably be a food snob too, but as it is I was raised on chicken burgers and waffles, so I love them :giggle:

*looks up 'aneurysm' from the dictionary, thinking she may have just gotten one*

Ahahaha - ii, it wasn't until LAST YEAR I started wearing anything other than tracksuits, t-shirts, hoodies.... And I've never owned any designer clothes, except a leather jacket by....... *thinks* .........I have no idea, and I didn't care much at the time either. I don't know anything about designer gear because I've never bought it, basically.

Edited by Nollaig

I was referring to the shock you had at the "posh ketchup" line. *laughs* I could almost hear the 'no no no'...

*cracks up* You got me there... I nearly did put the "no, no, no" in here but resisted the urge :giggle:

Thus all the summer at the summer place, chopping wood, topless... *gets totally lost in her own thoughts*

*snaps out* ******!

And yet you enjoy the ice hockey which keeps him all buffered up the rest of the year? I'd resent it! *laughs*

*cracks up* You got me there... I nearly did put the "no, no, no" in here but resisted the urge :giggle:

I say that quite often. One of BF's team mates heard me say it and commented "you know, you usually sound like a normal person*, but that totally gives you away". *laughs* It's just about the most French thing there is. And I always do it 'in French', if you know what I mean.

And yet you enjoy the ice hockey which keeps him all buffered up the rest of the year? I'd resent it! *laughs*

Well, the hockey is the reason he looks so nice in the summer, you see... *dirty grin* Plus I like his Handsome -face! *cracks up* No, seriously though, I love watching him play. And I love how much he loves playing.

* A normal person?!? As opposed to what?

What are they??

I recently re-discovered turkey drummers! I love those so much. They remind me of my childhood.

EDIT - I just realized how dim that above question sounds! I've just never heard of them >_<

Hehe, they're about 1/2 the size normal potato waffles are, and filled with chicken :giggle: They're yummy :)

I say that quite often. One of BF's team mates heard me say it and commented "you know, you usually sound like a normal person*, but that totally gives you away". *laughs* It's just about the most French thing there is. And I always do it 'in French', if you know what I mean.

Actually I hadn't noticed it was a french thing but does sound better 'in french' *laughs*

Plus I like his Handsome -face! *cracks up*

Ah yes, there is that of course :giggle:

Someone mentioned waffles?? I adore them seriously. Also, i have to give turkey dinosaurs a special mention! You can't beat them.

No, it's not. It's tomatoes and sugar. It's horrendous. It covers every flavor the food itself might have had at some point, making everything equal and uniform ketchup-flavoured mush.

:D

And it gives you a bad taste. And it lowers the temperature of the food it's covering (cold chips!!!) And..