Out of curiosity

Ceinwenn

I was completely the same way, Anisia, before joining this forum.

The closest I got to to a TBR list was my "hold" list at the library as I waited on selected books to come in.

Now I have access to such cheap books, and no library, that I have about 5 or 6 books waiting to be read.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I already had a large 'to read' pile before I joined up - it's just that it's grown from one shelf to two! :eek:

Similarly, I had a wishlist (on Amazon and in my notebook) - this has also grown since joining BCF.

Who else finds haveing a TBR list a lot frustrating?!

It's bad enough knowing that there are loads of fantastic "reads" out there - without having them actually listed in front of my eyes - while I try to find the time in the day to get through the book I'm on currently (and usually in fact, I'm on a few at a time!).

It's even worse when said books are waiting with impatience on my shelves for my attention .... I can hear them calling me, while I'm nose-in something else.

A bit like having new friends waiting for me to get to them .....

I just felt like venting a bit here - I'm sure I'm not alone in this! :eek:

Bye for now - Booknutt

I have lots of books to read, but I don't have a To Be Read pile - I just pick up the one I feel like reading next when I finish a book.

Until I joined the forum I never really bothered to make a TBR list. Most of the times I'd finish a book then look randomly in the shelve and see what would catch my eye. Then I got the account here and I liked the idea a lot :eek:

Seems to be that people have different ideas about how to define a 'to be read pile' - to me, if the books are in my house, and I intend to read, they are part of my 'to be read pile'. Is that what others do, or is your tbr pile more about the ones you have as priority?

Seems to be that people have different ideas about how to define a 'to be read pile' - to me, if the books are in my house, and I intend to read, they are part of my 'to be read pile'. Is that what others do, or is your tbr pile more about the ones you have as priority?

I'm with you - if it's a 'to read' then it means you have it but have yet to read it - if you haven't got it then you can't read it until you have it - so that's a 'Wishlist'. :eek:

Some of my TBR are in an actual pile, carefully stacked away from feline and/or

canine interference! Others are on various book shelves around the house.

They are all to be read eventually. I also have my running mental list of authors and

books to get hold of as and when I see them, find them and remember them/

This is what I do. All of my to be read books are just on my bookshelf and I just pick one up when I fancy it :eek: They're not just in a pile (otherwise the pile would be huge - it looks neat on the bookcase).

I have lots of books to read, but I don't have a To Be Read pile - I just pick up the one I feel like reading next when I finish a book.

So you DO have a TBR. You're just in denial about it :eek:

To me TBR is books I own and intend to read (for the first time)

For me the to be read pile is made from books I have specifically put aside to read or have decided to order. It's why I said I never had one before I joined the forum...I didn't start this until recently and I actually have books separately placed on the bookshelf now :eek:

I think the point I am trying to make is that I don't have a specific pile of books that I haven

I don't really distinguish between my TBR and my wishlist. Otherwise my reading lists would be all over the place. I know what I will read in 2009 (or, am continually adding titles) even if I haven't purchased them yet... it makes no difference to anyone else whether they're on a shop shelf or a bookshelf, the only relevance is whether or not I plan to read a book. Theres a difference between the TBR books I don't own, and my wishlist. I don't care when I get wishlist books, but my unowned TBR books are ones i AM getting within a time limit, i.e 2009.

I have '14 TBR' on my shelf, about 30 on my 'TBR this year so must buy' list and over 100 on my general 'whenever' wishlist.

I don't really distinguish between my TBR and my wishlist.

I'm a bit like you, Roxi, in that I don't distinguish between my TBR list and my wishlist.. I actually only currently own about 4 of the books on my wishlist, and the others I buy or take on loan as I can get my hands on. :blush: I may be confusing people, but I can't really have an actual owned pile of TBR books since we travel so much. So for me, my wishlist and the few books I own from it are my "TBR" :blush: