P C Cast / House of Night Series

lola-rose

I don't know if any of you has seen it advertised but a new series has come out about vampires ,the series is called the House of Night (I think ) the first book in the series is called 'Marked' .I have not yet read them but I am planing to soon .Aparently there supposed to be a cross of Ttwilight and Gossip Girl,wierd combanation ,I know,but some Twilight is better than none at all ,is'nt it?

if any one has read them let me know what you think !

the website link iswww.houseofnightseries.com

Edited by Kell
Added capitals

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. I might try them. Although, the idea of Twilight crossed with Gossip Girl makes me want to cry. What an awful combination! Still, can't criticize until I've tried them! :friends0:

I can criticize, but it'd probably only make me a hypocrit as I'd more than likely end up liking this new series :eek:

I don't know if any of you has seen it advertised but a new series has come out about vampires ,the series is called the House of Night (I think ) the first book in the series is called 'Marked' .I have not yet read them but I am planing to soon .Aparently there supposed to be a cross of Ttwilight and Gossip Girl,wierd combanation ,I know,but some Twilight is better than none at all ,is'nt it?

if any one has read them let me know what you think !

the website link iswww.houseofnightseries.com

Thanks for this, lola-rose. I'm a little skeptical about the cross between Twilight and Gossip Girl myself :eek:, but it wouldn't hurt to give the books a read first. Besides, I'm wont to read anything vampy at some point, so why not this for a bit of a game of chance.

• 2 months later...

Think I'll add the first one to my ever growing wish list and take it from there!!

I've heard of gossip girl but have no idea what it's about ;) The Twilight aspect could be good though!

Think I'll add the first one to my ever growing wish list and take it from there!!

I've heard of gossip girl but have no idea what it's about ;) The Twilight aspect could be good though!

Hey Nicola ,

Gossip girl is about a bunch of rich kids on the upper east side that all go to school and have relationships with eachothers intended .....it's actually quite good lol!!!!! But yeah the twilight part is what made me buy them !:)

I saw these last week in WHSmiths, didn't buy them as I have so much to read at the moment. I think I might, I love Twilight and like the sounds of Gossip Girl. You guys are a bad influence encouraging me to read so much ;)

I saw these last week in WHSmiths, didn't buy them as I have so much to read at the moment. I think I might, I love Twilight and like the sounds of Gossip Girl. You guys are a bad influence encouraging me to read so much ;)

Yay , go for it , read read read till ur eyes pop hehehe!!!!:)

After reading it on here I ordered it online (so thanks for putting the reccomendation up *hugggles*) it wasent to my liking the story line was very food but a few little bits in it

like the cheroke rituals

didn't seem to fit in to me and also

the tracker putting a half moon on peoples forhead didn't appeal to me.

But apart from that its quite a good book.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone read these?

What does everyone think of them?

Blurb: The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampires have always existed. In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire - that is, if she makes it through the Change. Not all of those who are chosen do. It's tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampire Goddess, Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny - with a little help from her new vampire friends.

My personal Opinion: I LOVE THESE BOOKS, there similar to twilight, a cross between twilight & gossip girl =D

Edited by Michelle
merged with existing thread

I found this other vampire series in last week, called Night World, which looks like it might be pretty amazing. Its based around this society of vampires and werewolves and witches, and other such beings and each book kind of follows a different set of characters. If you like Stephanie Meyer, I think this will defo fill the hole left by the end of Twilight. :readingtwo:

• 2 weeks later...

I got the first 3 books today from Waterstones and their buy 3 for 2 offer. I will give them a go, not sure if I will love them, but decided to buy them after telling my mum about them (a woman crazy about teen lit :friends0:) and she said she wanted to read them. They will be next after Harry Potter then I think.

• 6 months later...

I love these books I think I like them better than Twilight. The new out is called Tempted and as always it has a end that will rock you to the core. The next coming out is called Burned and won't be out till April 2010. As I said one of my favorite series I don't know how you people just started reading them.

I've read and own the whole series. If you go into it wanting it to be another Twilight then you are definately going to be dissapointed. The romance level is no where near what it is in Twilight. The concepts of the vampire world (or as they call it in the book, vampyre) are way different from anything I have ever read, but I love it. I would encourage you to try it, but stick with it through at least the 4th book before you decide for sure whether or not to continue with the whole series.

If you would like something a little more 'Gossip Girl' like then I would suggest Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz as it is set in a NYC prep school run by rich vampire families. It is also a pretty good series.

• 4 weeks later...