Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I don't think I'm going to get much reading time for the next wee while, as a friend has asked me to design and make two jingle cubes for the new twin baby girls of another of her friends. I'm delighted she liked the ones I made for Xan and his little buddy so much as to ask me to make them for her friend. Now I just have to get my sktch book out and work out the designs I'll use, then block them. Then I can choose my materials and start stitching!

I started stitching a bit more on Charlie's Falling Star again last night.

I got about half of his hair stitched, along with a litle of his collar, so I've gone from this:

13progress190110.th.jpg

To this (close-up of the area I stitched last night):

14progress160210.th.jpg

It's so lovely to see Charlie finally making an appearance at his window. :D

A friend who is up visiting from Swindon this week has her birthday next week, so I stitched this little keyring for her this morning while Xan had a nap. It's her initial and her zodiac sign.

16134486.th.jpg01aquarius.th.jpg

I had already stitched her birthday card:

sbirthday2010.th.jpg

She really loves cross stitched stuff, so I know she'll appreciate both these items (she has a dragon silhouette I designed and stitched for a competition last year framed with our wedding photograph!).

I'm so tired tonight that I've had to stop stitching a lot earlier than I usually would. However, I've finished stitching Charlie's head (that part was no-count because I only had to fill in the area with one colour). Before I go to bed, here's Charlie. Till tomorrow...

15progress170210.th.jpg

After 2 hours of stitchy time, here's where I got up to with Charlie tonight:

17progress190210.th.jpg

I'm also going to to be taking part in a blackwork exchange, so I'll be stitching a bookmark for that soon - another one for the BIG Bookmark SAL! :lol:

On top of all that, I'm stitching two jingle cubes for a friend who wants to give them as gifts to twin baby girls. I'll just post pics of them when they're finished though. ;)

Oh cross stitch thread. :lol:

I am currently doing a birth sampler for my niece however, I must get a move on as she is 6 months old. By the time she gets it she will be going to school. :lol:

I started doing cross stitch about 12 years ago and then started it up again last year. My project is the birth sampler for my niece but it will be a while before I get through that (well there is a good bit done) as I also have a card making project on the go too. I am making wedding stationery. ;)

I will post picture of what i have done so far.

I have another request for a bookmark! They are so popular :)

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get my hands on a small picture of a hockey player/hockey theme to fit a bookmark? I'm not having much luck browsing the web.

Did you find a pattern? You looking for free or paid?

Kell yours is looking good :)

I have another request for a bookmark! They are so popular :)

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get my hands on a small picture of a hockey player/hockey theme to fit a bookmark? I'm not having much luck browsing the web.

There might be one in this booklet of 70 small sporting motifs: HERE