Books when stuck in a lift

Ok the lift has jammed and it will take eight hours. there is a gap big enough to pass through food and drink and a book. So what would be your one choice of book you would ask for.

I will start with.The Great Escape by Anton Gill :blush:

But seriously it would have to be a Sci Fi, long and big enough to last eight hours, Probably an Alistair Reynolds. this would take my mind off the incarceration.

How To Overcome A Panic Situation by Whoever ... I'm claustrophobic! :D

Failing that ...Wicked by Jilly Cooper ... its huge! A whopping great big hardback of over 800 pages, a bit intimidating to say the least :blush: At least I know it would be a nice easy read for a lift, and might even take my mind off my claustrophobia :)

How To Overcome A Panic Situation by Whoever ... I'm claustrophobic! :D

Have to admit, that would sound like a very good idea! :)

Aside from the two I mentioned before, I think something generally big, filled with lots of action to keep me entertained. :blush:

It would have to be a sci-fi or fantasy book at least 3 inches thick at the spine in regular or small print. I'd prefer more of an adventure than the psychological thriller or millitary angle though.

A few questions though. Am I in the lift by myself? Do I get a comfy cushion passed to me? If I get offered take-away food who's paying? What would I use for a toilet? I'm a woman, a bottle just would not do.

I would go for something that in other situations I would struggle to read or wouldn't read at all. Because I'd be so bored and would want to pass the time, I'd have no choice but to read it.

I'm not sure what though..

Let's go for The Lord Of The Rings :blush:

It would widen my horizons! Maybe. :)

I would go for something that in other situations I would struggle to read or wouldn't read at all. Because I'd be so bored and would want to pass the time, I'd have no choice but to read it.

I'm not sure what though..

Let's go for The Lord Of The Rings :blush:

It would widen my horizons! Maybe. :lol:

I would pick Lord of the Rings . Maybe I'd finally really get into it as there'd be nothing else to do or read.

i have to agree with you two, would be ideal siuation to get through it with no distractions

I suppose it would be nice if you had a book called How To Get Out Of A Lift.

How original! I think I'd prefer to be stuck, get some time with myself. :blush:

I've been stuck in about half a dozen lifts over the yhears - and since I'm never without a book, I've fortunately never been left without reading material! The longest I was stuck was just over 2hrs - we all needed the loo after that (3 of us).

Electric Lift Equipment For Modern Buildings. A Practical Guide To Its Selection, Installation, Operation And Maintenance (Hardcover) by Grierson Ronald

(this is a genuine book available on amazon.co.uk!)

Amazon should start paying you referal fees! :blush::lol: