Amara by Richard Laymon

Colin Jacobs

I have just read this fantastic book about a Mummy that comes to life. It is by far the best Laymon I have ever read. there are at least three sub plots and all but one revolves around sex. The Blind Girl, and escaping trio of youths and an Egyptian Sex Maniac. although the book has several sexual scenes the characters all gel into one by , witnessing the Mummies killing spree.

All but one sub plot ends in a way that the reader will come to realise but I was amused to find out who the Egyptian nymphomaniac choose as his last conquest. I would have loved to have found out more about him and his last bed fellow. Virginia made a life changing decision too and it is one that will suprise the reader when it happens.

If you have never read Laymon then try reading this one it will be a apge turner but it is not really suitable for the under 13's.

The final scenes were brilliant too, cant wait until my next Laymon book.

Don't all of Laymon's books revolve around sex?

They all seem to go; murder,murder,sex,murder,sex,sex,voyeurism murder,murder,sex,sex,sex,muder sex. The End.

I would put at least a 16 rating on all of the books i have read of his. But maybe i am a bit of a prude.

Funland. Think so homeless abducting people or people abducting homeless?? something like that. I read a lot of Laymon books about 10 years ago, so think they have all merged in my head (not good) .Ha. Island one of his more disturbing works from what i can rememmber.

Have to agree with ya Chris on the 16 rating, and a mature 16 at that! I haven't read a Layman book in a very long time. I did go through a period of just reading him, Shaun Hutson and Graham Masterton a while back and I have to say I thought Graham Masterton was the better of the three. :lol: