TBR books that you are putting off reading ???

crotalus_p

Ok it’s a simple enough question do you have any books in your TBR pile that you are putting off reading for what ever reason ???

Me I have

Mein Kampf and some De Sade it’s not that I don’t want to read them I do (I really really do) , it’s just that I have heard that they are demanding books and they are rather long so they would interfere with other reading

Also LOTR and

Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology by Max Jammer (although I think I am going to read this one in the next 2 or 3 books)

Ps

Writing this post has inspired me to get my thumb out and read them :D

Edited by crotalus_p
remove link and correct mistakes

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your thump out? :D

Ummm *scans shelf* Poor ole Jane Austen's been sitting up there a while, I had one book originally but now its up to three, I'm enjoying buying them more than reading them :lol: Also not touched any Jodi Picoult. I think maybe I'm just not in the mood for those kinda stories, be they classic or modern.

Atm I'm reading an adult fairy tale (I'm classing it as adult, because I wouldn't in a mad fit give it to a young adult below 17 with the amount of profanity, drug use and psychological weirdness.)

After that I'm reading, on Lexie's suggestion, The Time Traveller's Wife, which is still a bit fantasy/sci-fi, and before these I was reading What Dreams May Come (Bangsian Fantasy/Philosophy) and The Coldfire Trilogy, which is also fantasy/sci-fi.

I do wanna get into the likes of Jodi Picoult and stuff, I'm just not in the mood right now.

Poor ole Jane Austen's been sitting up there a while,

I have 2 of hers on cd waiting to be listened to (I got them as part of a 45 disc set from the penguin classic for about 15 or 20 euros:mrgreen: via the book people )

Atm I'm reading an adult fairy tale (I'm classing it as adult, because I wouldn't in a mad fit give it to a young adult below 17 with the amount of profanity, drug use and psychological weirdness.)

Is that the one listed in your aviator ???

I do wanna get into the likes of Jodi Picoult and stuff, I'm just not in the mood right now.

I know the feeling , but it is nice to have a variety of books on your shelf to choose for when you mood changes :D

At the moment I'm kind of put off reading anything too chunky or heavy-going as I don't get much reading time - sometimes it's just 5 minutes and sometimes just a moment every couple of days, so shorter, lighter books are pretty much all I can handle right now, otherwise I don't get much of a chance to get into them.

I have 2 of hers on cd waiting to be listened to

I cannot STAND audiobooks. :lol:

Is that the one listed in your aviator ???

I presume you mean my 'what am I reading now' under my AVATAR :D And yes. Its the second in a series of 3, the 1st and 3rd are related (and the 1st is a load of tosh, just with a brilliant concept and easy reading) but the 2nd is unrelated with different characters in the same world, and its much better.

I know the feeling , but it is nice to have a variety of books on your shelf to choose for when you mood changes :)

I agree entirely!! Thats why I keep buying them :roll:

I cannot STAND audiobooks. :lol:

To be hones I am not the biggest fan of them but if they are going cheap ( most of the ones I have are from a sale of work or bargain bin) I will pick them up and put them on my mp3 when I am going some where or doing something boring

I agree entirely!! Thats why I keep buying them :tong:

No you keep buying them because you are addicted like the rest of us:roll: , now repeat after me

I've been putting off reading any more Freya North. They've been sitting waiting to be read for almost a year. I've just not been in the mood to read predictable chick lit.

Also left a few Jodi Picoult's which I've had for ages. I think it's because other books always seem to appeal more!

Excellent now for the cult oops I mean FAMILY hair cut

6.jpg

:):lol::lol: Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

You lot are going barmy! :lol:

As for books, I have a load of chick lit that I bought last year when I fancied them and then went off chick lit, and so haven't touched any of them, going to have to dip into them soon to get my TBR pile down!

Other than those books, I have The Girls and The Memory Keepers Daughter, that were really popular last year, but I've just not fancied them since buying ;)

I find the longer I have the book the harder it is to read it - I feel excitement at the thought of the book, then I fear I'm going to be let down so I keep putting them off!

Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky. I want to read it, and I think I'll enjoy it, but I've had it for months now and everytime I'm getting a new book off the shelf to read, I hover over this one, and then move on to something else. I think, as some others have said, that I think it's going to be a 'heavy' book, which on the one hand I'll like it, but on the other hand haven't been ready to read.;)

I sometimes buy books that I know I`ll want to read at some time, but they might have to wait quite a while because I`ll need to be in the right frame of mind to start them. I always get to them eventually. ;)

Good thread.

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel, and the books that follow (well, the 2 others that I own)

The Claudine Novels by Colette

Nicholas Nickleby and Bleak House by Charles Dickens

Dune by Frank Herbert

The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse (I have had this on my TBR pile for such a long time and it's frustrating me more than any other book. I must get to it soon!)

Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov. This looks like being such a challenging read that I keep putting it off and reading his other works first.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Possibly the most daunting book I have on my TBR pile at the moment. I can't see myself bothering with it for several more years at least!

The Hobbit - For some reason I just can't for the life of me get going in this book. I've attempted to read it several times and just haven't been able to do it. I might take it on holiday with me this year, then I'll have a better chance of reading it.