Do you ever read the last page before the end?

Simonsays

I am tempted and sometimes I even go so far as to look at the last page! Then i might even go a bit further and read one or two lines! But thats it!!! Never the whole page and certainly not the epilogue or last chapter!! I couldnt do it! It seems so wrong!! :D

:D

Edited by Charm

Interested to know if there's a correlation between last-page-itis and sneak-peek-achoo when it comes to wrapped Christmas presents?

A very astute question!

My ex (who's now buried under the patio) used to read the last page of books I was reading and 'drop' it into conversations :D

She was, apparently, an expert lock picker of the Xmas suitcase from an early age :D

ps Just kidding about the patio..

ooooooh i couldn't bear to look! although i will say that there are those that i'm trying to remember where i was in a book if i didn't mark it, and i have to flip around and read a couple of lines to establish if that's the correct page or not. sometimes i've read things that i think gives too much away and i'm all upset about it. i've realized that with me, i tend to actually forget that part i read... as i get back into the story at the right spot, the little tidbit i read flies out of my head completely and then i don't think about it again until i re-read it again. i have a feeling it wouldn't be quite the same with reading the ending of a book b/c thats just too hard to forget, but still.. makes me grateful for my apparently terrible memory! :D

I'm the opposite. If I'm loving/liking a book then I've peeked before. It's usually if I actually care about the outcome.

I've also occasionally flicked to a random place in the book and glanced at the page. But I ruined a book once by finding out that a character I assumed to be dead, was still alive. So I try not to do that anymore!

For anyone who's read New Moon: I flicked constantly with that, desperate to know what was going to happen. I always ruin surprises for myself, hehe.

I've also occasionally flicked to a random place in the book and glanced at the page. But I ruined a book once by finding out that a character I assumed to be dead, was still alive. So I try not to do that anymore!...........

I`ve done this too and ruined a really good story because of it! serves me right I guess, but I learned my lesson and haven`t done it again. :P

I virtually never look at the end, I did in a recent Kelley Armstrong book because I was sure I had guessed the big plot line, so i very lightly skimmed the end for the confirmation, and that was the only time in i don't know how long! I don't think I could do it with every book, as you'd just know what was going to happen, and that would defy the object of reading the whole book lol

The only book I've ever read that I knew the end at the beginning was Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, but only because Bill himself put it there.

I was always resisting temptation to read the last page whenever I read the newest Harry Potter book. I normally just read the last line of the book, mainly because that usually gave nothing away, but still tantalised my mind.

:P