Charm's Choices for 2009

Charm

I do see what you mean about the end, it was pretty good :lol: I did find myself taking a peek at the last pages too, just for reassurance you know :irked:

:D Charm! Tsk, tsk! Even though you knew there were 2 more books written, you still needed the reassurance? Awww :friends0:

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charm, I was lucky that when I read the books, I'd never really heard much about them, other than that they were a phenomenon amongst teenage girls, mainly in America, so I had no idea whether or not all the books would revolve around

Edward and Bella, so when he leaves her at the start of New Moon, I was absolutely distraught! However, once Bella started hearing his voice when she encountered dangerous situations I knew everything would be alright

. I think it's just the

lack of Edward and Bella together

that makes New Moon my third favourite of the series, because from page 450 onwards, I think it's great!

:irked: Charm! Tsk, tsk! Even though you knew there were 2 more books written, you still needed the reassurance? Awww :friends0:

Peacefield, I'm a mess :lol:. Trust me. Now you understand why I try to avoid chicklit and true sad stories! :D

Charm, I was lucky that when I read the books, I'd never really heard much about them, other than that they were a phenomenon amongst teenage girls, mainly in America, so I had no idea whether or not all the books would revolve around

Edward and Bella, so when he leaves her at the start of New Moon, I was absolutely distraught! However, once Bella started hearing his voice when she encountered dangerous situations I knew everything would be alright

. I think it's just the

lack of Edward and Bella together

that makes New Moon my third favourite of the series, because from page 450 onwards, I think it's great!

I was exactly the same, once it started, hence the peeking.

I did know of course they would get together again, but it couldn't come soon enough! I really hope Eclipse isn't so heartwrenching!

:friends0: I'm half way through now and so far so good :lol:

:friends0: I tend to skip a lot of New Moon but adore the scenes with Alice/Bella/Edward near the end. For those scenes alone New Moon is great but as a whole I don't enjoy it. Midnight Sun is great :lol: I wish she would finish (or publish) the completed version because I love all of the banter between the Cullen family :D

Welcome to the Twilight gang Charm, we knew we would eventually break you down

ICONATOR_a0f4c46437ae14297174a7bffb.jpg

:friends0: Thanks Gyre! I really should have known if you like it, then chances are I will too :lol:

:D I tend to skip a lot of New Moon but adore the scenes with Alice/Bella/Edward near the end. For those scenes alone New Moon is great but as a whole I don't enjoy it. Midnight Sun is great I wish she would finish (or publish) the completed version because I love all of the banter between the Cullen family :roll:

Midnight Sun does sound intriguing. Think I'll check it out as soon as I get the chance :irked:

Yes, ditto to what Gyre said, welcome to the fold, Charm!! We will always gladly accept new members :friends0::lol:. The more the merrier! I quite like that 'hello' sticker too, Gyre. Seems to me it would make a good avvie...

I sat up until 3 in the morning to finish Eclipse ~by~ Stephenie Meyer :friends0:.

Synopsis Courtesy of Waterstones:

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which? Following the international bestsellers Twilight and New Moon, Eclipse is the much-anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's captivating saga of vampire romance.

My thoughts:

Eclipse sees Bella torn between vampire Edward and werewolf Jacob, both of whom are deeply in love with her and both would die to protect her. The story of an avenging Victoria returns and results in a common cause where the lifelong enemies, werewolves and vampires, need to unite to survive ... or die trying...with Bella caught in the middle.

I was really hoping for something a little less painful than the second in the series; New Moon, and thankfully I wasn't disappointed ( I don't think I could have taken it :lol:) This one reeled me in again from the very beginning, with its intense emotional storyline but there was enough action to keep it interesting too. Whatever else is said about Stephenie Meyers' writing, the woman must have a magical formula for staying in your thoughts, no idea how she does it, but there you are. This one is definately my favourite so far.

9/10

Oh dear! 3am? You are well and truly hooked aren't you? :D

Totally. Avoid at all cost! :friends0:

Eclipse is my favourite of the series. :irked: How are you finding Breaking Dawn?

I'm loving it so far ... I think.

Edward is in too much pain at the minute, I don't like that :lol: Bella is dying cause of the pregnancy

I'm afraid I'm staying out of this thread until you come to your senses! :smile2: I really can't take any more Twilight! ;):D

I'm not sure what Michelle means ... surely you have come to your senses by succumbing to the lure of the Twilight world? :(

I'd forgotten all about Midnight Sun until it was mentioned earlier in the thread, so I read it yesterday evening - definitely worth a look to get another fix of Twilight.

I'm afraid I'm staying out of this thread until you come to your senses! :smile2: I really can't take any more Twilight! ;):D

Run away. Far , far away.

It's actually scary seeing the effect such god awful books has on people.

It's actually scary seeing the effect such god awful books has on people.

It's quite unbelievable when witnessed from outside... Though to be honest I've been reading the posts (and the spoilers) and I'm quite sure I'd go as crazy as you all if I read it :D (Fortunately?) reading the spoilers probably has ruined the effect for me, so there's no point getting lost into them now...

I'm afraid I'm staying out of this thread until you come to your senses! I really can't take any more Twilight! :(

I wish I'd done the same. I'm nearly finished! ;)

It's quite unbelievable when witnessed from outside... Though to be honest I've been reading the posts (and the spoilers) and I'm quite sure I'd go as crazy as you all if I read it ;) (Fortunately?) reading the spoilers probably has ruined the effect for me, so there's no point getting lost into them now...

Trust me, the spoilers are nothing to the effect of the books.

In one way I think you two are missing some really affecting books. I think you would probably love them like the rest of us and should read them, but on the other hand the saying 'ignorance is bliss' keeps coming into my head when I'm telling myself how mad I was to pick the damn things up in the first place! Sometimes I think I should have left well alone :D They really do have a certain something about them, I have no idea how to describe it, but they are definately highly addictive! :smile2:

I would also love to hear another anti-twilight persons view, just so I know I'm not completely mad ... so come on, are you up for it? ;)

I just finished Breaking Dawn ~by~ Stephenie Meyer, the last in the current Twilight series.

Synopsis Courtesy of Waterstones:

To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fate of two tribes hangs. Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life - first discovered in TWILIGHT, then scattered and torn in NEW MOON and ECLIPSE - seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed...forever?

My thoughts:

Just as Bella and Edward were finally getting themselves and their lives together and event occurs which rocks them, and all who know them to their core. Relationship dynamics change and a journey begins for the couple which could result in devastating consequences ...

This installment from Ms Meyer was so long (700 pages) she broke it up into 3 books, the first of which was an absolute joy to read after all the intense drama of the previous books. The second was told from the perspective of another character, which totally irritated me, but the third returned to being narrated by Bella.

Although I still enjoyed Breaking Dawn, I found myself starting to get bored halfway through the story. I don't think the book needed 700 pages to be honest, and felt it a bit dragging with a lot of unnecessary waffling. The pace did pick up towards the end but I do think a bit more action was called for. However, all this did help bring me back to reality after the very intensive first books, so for that I am thankful! ;)

All in all, I think the whole Twilight series was a great saga and one which I really enjoyed. I've also no worries about letting Kookie read it which is the main thing and the whole reason for my 'research' :smile2: .... things I do for my kids :D

8/10

YAYYYY Charm!!! :D Well done, you :smile2:. I'm so glad you finished them and didn't hate them! And it looks like Eclipse was your favorite, huh? I agree about the 2nd part of BD being irritatingly from the other characters point of view, and a 'bit more action' as you put it is exactly my thought as well.

*Sniff* Awwww...;)

YAYYYY Charm!!! :D Well done, you ;). I'm so glad you finished them and didn't hate them! And it looks like Eclipse was your favorite, huh? I agree about the 2nd part of BD being irritatingly from the other characters point of view, and a 'bit more action' as you put it is exactly my thought as well.

*Sniff* Awwww...:smile2:

Awww .. what are you like?? ;):friends0: You did it again peace, another convert. I'm glad I read them, although for some reason I cannot get RP out of my head, and your av doesn't help! :(

Well done Charm on finishing 'Breaking Dawn' :D;)

Did you think Bella and Edward got the ending they deserved?

And yes you will enjoy the sookie series :smile2: