The Tales Of Beedle The Bard By JK Rowling

Nellie

I've got mine on my shelf, should I pick it up next? I imagine it's a quick, easy read. I could probably do with that as I've been tucking into a fair few 500pages+ this month.

I've got mine on my shelf, should I pick it up next? I imagine it's a quick, easy read. I could probably do with that as I've been tucking into a fair few 500pages+ this month.

If you liked Harry Potter, and want to discover more secrets, then yeah, I'd say pick it up and read it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my review of the book:

the-tales-of-beedle-the-bard.jpg

Synopsis from Amazon:

'You've never heard of The Tales of Beedle the Bard?' said Ron incredulously. 'You're kidding, right?' (From Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) Published by the Children's High Level Group in association with Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, The Tales of Beedle the Bard is the first new book from J. K. Rowling since the publication of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Tales of Beedle the Bard played a crucial role in assisting Harry, with his friends Ron and Hermione, to finally defeat Lord Voldemort. Fans will be thrilled to have this opportunity to read the tales in full. An exciting addition to the canon of Harry Potter, the tales reveal the wonderful versatility of the author, as she tackles with relish the structure and varying tones of a classic fairy tale. There are five tales: 'The Tale of the Three Brothers', recounted in Deathly Hallows, plus 'The Fountain of Fair Fortune', 'The Warlock's Hairy Heart', 'The Wizard and the Hopping Pot', and 'Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump'. Each has its own magical character and will bring delight, laughter and the thrill of mortal peril. Translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger, the tales are introduced and illustrated by J. K. Rowling. Also included are notes by Professor Albus Dumbledore, which appear by kind permission of the Hogwarts Headmasters' Archive. CHLG is a charity co-founded by J. K. Rowling and Emma Nicholson MEP and campaigns to protect and promote children's rights and make life better for vulnerable young people. The Children's High Level Group is a charity established under English law. Registered Charity Number: 1112575.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, this book is for you. It contains five wizard fairytales, and notes made by the Professor Albus Dumbledore. Like with Muggle fairytales, they contain moral messages and words of wisdom to the budding wizard. They are short and thoroughly enjoyable. The notes made by Dumbledore had me chuckling - what a great character! I loved how the books linked back to the Harry Potter series, making the book a must-have for Potter fans.

My favourite Tale was "Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump"- very funny. A great washer woman. A fiery character who taught a valuable lesson and had a genius laugh.

As ever, Rowling writes in an engaging and fun way, and although this is predominantly a child's book, adults will appreciate the book too, with some subtle adult humour and comments. This was a gripping and fun book to read, and I loved the illustrations, done by Rowling herself. This is a great companion to the much-loved Harry Potter books, and I highly recommend this little gem.

10/10

I love the idea of getting more out of Harry's world, i like little side stories which add more depth to a tale you love, so i think i definitely will check this out.

I've always thought Beedle the Bard could work quite well as a read alone book, if you took out the notes. The tales are definitely a fairytale form and I think they could be read as such

The notes made the book worth reading for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do intend to buy this just so I have the entire Harry Potter collection, however, I am not desperate to read it and will wait until I can get it for a few quid at the second hand bookshop. I do think that Rowling could have written and released a better book from the series such as History of Hogwarts or something similar.

;) I will definitely be getting the Encyclopedia when it is released! I hope it is released with a cover similar to that of a book from Hogwarts Library!

In Waterstones today I found a copy of Quidditch Through The Ages which I hadn't seen before (I think it was a new edition) which on the back had the price in