Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris

Kell

I can't wait to get to book 4, Charm's been hassling me to start reading it as soon as possible

You'll thank me! :lol:

I'm just at the part when Sookie and Eric left Bill behind and they're at the gas station, talking to the to guys who're after them.

Eric: What were you supposed to watch for?

Guys: A big dark guy and a tall blond guy. With a blond woman, real young, with nice tits.

Eric: You are speaking of my future lover. Be more respectful.

So arrogant, yet so sweet! I love it! :smile2:

Well I've just read Chapter 1 and had to come here to say

what the heck is happening with Eric?? I hope he'll soon recover. It's weird how he said a woman shouldn't be alone at this late hour and how come the men in Sookie's family aren't supporting him. Pam mentioned witches and I guess they've erased his memory but is he like mentally in the 1900s or what? Just guessing It was so sweet, him with his puppy dog eyes asking Sookie if he could come to her bedroom before he had to go sleep. And them two sleeping together in the same bed. Awww

And, my questions where rhetorical, I do not want any spoilers

I'm so excited!! :exc:Now I know how peacefield felt when I started Twilight! :D

Yeah, he's gone back to being more human

Oh much ... much more! :D:lol:

Catwoman I hope you enjoy the series!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll thank me! :D

Charm, I have three words for you: Duuuuuuh! :out: Of course I will :roll: Unfortunately I had a couple of friends over tonight and went to a bar so haven't really had the chance to read more, but I'm sooooo looking forward to tommorrow to read more :lol:

*sings* I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...

Charm, I have three words for you: Duuuuuuh! :roll: Of course I will :lol: Unfortunately I had a couple of friends over tonight and went to a bar so haven't really had the chance to read more, but I'm sooooo looking forward to tommorrow to read more :D

Oh fer goodness sake :lol: Hurry up!!! You should have just told your friends to come back! :lol:

Have you thought about trying out for X Factor? With that voice, I'd vote for ya! :out:

Charm, I have three words for you: Duuuuuuh! :lol: Of course I will :lol: Unfortunately I had a couple of friends over tonight and went to a bar so haven't really had the chance to read more, but I'm sooooo looking forward to tommorrow to read more :D

You should have feigned illness Frankie! (I'm ashamed to admit I've resorted to that course of action more than once :out:)

Oh fer goodness sake :roll: Hurry up!!! You should have just told your friends to come back!

Have you thought about trying out for X Factor? With that voice, I'd vote for ya!

X factor starts tonight! :lol:

Charm and Nicola, don't think I wasn't tempted to tell 'em to ****** off, I'm reading! They're nice enough fellas, they would've understood me. But I did want the Green River Killer book and it would've been kinda impolite to ask my three week old acquitance to bring the book and hit the road :D

You what? :lol: tut tut

(Must remember that one :lol::D)

I'm an unsociable reader! haa! :lol:

Charm and Nicola, don't think I wasn't tempted to tell 'em to ****** off, I'm reading! They're nice enough fellas, they would've understood me. But I did want the Green River Killer book and it would've been kinda impolite to ask my three week old acquitance to bring the book and hit the road :out:

:roll: Haaa......yeah that would've been pretty rude!

I have just finished All Together Dead, which wasn't one of my favourites. The action bits were good but it just seemed to drag. I love books 1-4, didn't really like Dead as a Doornail, liked Definitely Dead and thought All Together Dead was good in parts but kind of slow. I'm liking From Dead to Worse (maybe because there's more of Eric :D)

I have just finished All Together Dead, which wasn't one of my favourites. The action bits were good but it just seemed to drag. I love books 1-4, didn't really like Dead as a Doornail, liked Definitely Dead and thought All Together Dead was good in parts but kind of slow. I'm liking From Dead to Worse (maybe because there's more of Eric :out:)

I totally forget which order the later books come in :D I know 1 - 4 but after that it gets a bit fuzzy until Dead & Gone book 9 :lol:

I think I know why ladies :D. After book four all I wanted to read about was Eric and it was a bit frustrating when things more or less went back to normal! I just kept thinking, 'where the hell is Eric!!!' :motz:It did pick up though :out:

That's my theory anyway :lol:

I think I know why ladies :D. After book four all I wanted to read about was Eric and it was a bit frustrating when things more or less went back to normal! I just kept thinking, 'where the hell is Eric!!!' :motz:It did pick up though :roll:

I think that's what it is Charm :lol: That's why it's picking up a bit for me now :lol: I just want to hear about Eric-doesn't matter about the rest :out:

I just kept thinking, 'where the hell is Eric!!!' :D

That's my theory anyway :out:

I think you might be onto something there Charm :roll: I kept thinking that too! Maybe we could petition Charlaine Harris telling her that we NEED a book that only contains Sookie and Eric......no Quinn or Alcide or Bill or Sam :lol:

Out of all of Sookie's 'love interestes' in the series I have always held out hope that she would end up with Sam in the end. Eric is like the sexy dangerous one and Bill is the protector but Sam has always been her friend. He has also been there for Sookie in ways Bill and Eric never have. Don't get me wrong, I like both of Bill and Eric's characters, I just like Sam's better :D

I have only one book left to read and have decided to read Time Travelers Wife to drag it out a little. I don't want to rush through the last book!

How are you able to do that! That's willpower right there! :lol:

For me, I think Sam's a bit dull. He's a good friend but I think Sookie quite likes the sense of adventure and Eric has that in abundance :D

How are you able to do that! That's willpower right there! :D

Yeah it is quite difficult but I have to wait until October for the next so decided to stretch it out (although I am dying to see what happens with Sookie and Eric :lol:). Although the Time Travelers Wife is really good so at the moment it's not too hard :out:

• 2 months later...

I've recently picked up A Touch of Dead and to be honest, am a bit dissappointed by it. A lot of the details don't mesh with what I remember in the books, like when she first met Mr. Cataludese (sorry, I know it is spelled wrong).

Maybe I'm off because it has been a few months since I've read one of the full length novels, but it just seems a bit sloppy to me in comparison to the books.

Has anyone else read it yet?

I haven't bought it yet (I've got loads of work on at the moment that I'm too scared to in case I fail my degree!! :)) but I've heard mixed reviews. I think people wanted to hear more about the darling Mr Northman and a few reviews said that it was a bit bland.

I'll still give it a go as it'll keep me going until May.......oh I think the May title is 'Dead in the Family'. That'll keep us guessing! :irked:

Hi, I've read all the books up to 8, so far, I just ordered the 9th today.

I was looking for something I could really get into. So I was trudging though Amazon, I did hear of the trueblood television program first, and to be honest I wasn't that interested. But with the books so cheap on amazon, I though 8 books for

I'm afraid though, after I finish the 9th book, I will be totally lost until May. So I'll be looking for something just as juicy.

x x x

Me too!

Have you read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles? Apart from the vampires, they don't have a lot in common with Charlaine Harris's books but they're amazing! I've read the first three and I'm waiting for the fourth book to arrive from ebay. I'd highly recommend them :D

I've recently picked up A Touch of Dead and to be honest, am a bit dissappointed by it. A lot of the details don't mesh with what I remember in the books, like when she first met Mr. Cataludese (sorry, I know it is spelled wrong).

Maybe I'm off because it has been a few months since I've read one of the full length novels, but it just seems a bit sloppy to me in comparison to the books.

Has anyone else read it yet?

I've read it and I was disappointed as well. I don't think there was anything new in the stories, and I don't think they suited being short stories. Even the presence of Eric couldn't really save it for me :D

I've read it and I was disappointed as well. I don't think there was anything new in the stories, and I don't think they suited being short stories. Even the presence of Eric couldn't really save it for me :D

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I love Eric. At first I couldn't wait for him to dissappear from the series but the pink spandex scene (I don't remember which book it was) turned me :D

I love Eric. At first I couldn't wait for him to dissappear from the series but the pink spandex scene (I don't remember which book it was) turned me :D

Ah that has to be one of my favourite parts of the entire series! I love it

how she asks him out to look after her then asks him to pretend to be gay!

He's not amused! haa! :D