New to BCF

spainalot

:) Hi I've just joined so I thought I would introduce myself, not sure what to tell you as I've never been in a chat room before. So here goes, I am married with two grown-up sons and live in Berkshire, my body is aged 61, but my mind still thinks it's 30. I retired from my HR manager's job in 1995 through ill health, I have ME. I have always been a bit of a book worm, but It was then that I really had the time to indulge my love of reading, it was either that or the TV, and thankfully the books won. When I am feeling ill, I can get through two or three books a week, depending on how interesting they are!!! I am not a romantic novel reader, especially the historic ones, I cannot abide all that breast heaving and happily ever after stuff. I like true stories and humourous novels, but I love crime/thriller novels, my favourite author's are James Patterson; Jeffery Deaver; Lee Childs; Harlan Coben; Minette Walters and Kathy Reichs and of course Ian Rankin. At present I am reading The Appeal by John Grisham, it's OK, but a bit long winded, the last couple of books I've read of his were the same. I have recently finished Confessions of a Demented Housewife by Niamh Greene, which was funny at times, but the main character really annoyed me so much so that I couldn't wait to finish it. I am thinking of reading one of Barack Obama's books has anyone read Dreams from my Father?

I have been trying to write a novel for years, and have read five, yes five, "how to do it" books, but my local village library is running a creative writing course in January, so I have joined up, you never know this may be the inspiration I need............

Anyway I look forward to sharing news and views with other members soon.

Regards

Spainalot

Hi spainalot and welcome:D I share your enjoyment of true and humorous books and the avoidance of over-the-top romantic kinds. I have fibromyalgia so you have my whole-hearted sympathy with having ME, which seems to be very closely related. Hope you enjoy your time here ....I'm sure you will.