Dr Who

Michelle

The BBC Iplayer is available on your TV

Not for everyone! You need quite an expensive box* to watch iPlayer content by Freeview.

*When compared to a normal Freeview box.

im preparing to be shot down in flames . . . but i really couldnt stand rory!

Flay the unbeliever!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not for everyone! You need quite an expensive box* to watch iPlayer content by Freeview.

*When compared to a normal Freeview box.

You dont need a box, most new TVs have freeview just built in. Everyone in my region has now been forced to 'go digital' so have Iplayer built in. Soon the whole country will be the same way.

Was only trying to help anyway, I essentially don't really care nor want to get into an argument about it.

I have freeview built in, and am in a digital area, and no iPlayer on my telly. I'm going to re-scan and check, though, because that would be fab.

You will need a broadband connection for it as well, as I understand it, because the programs are still downloaded from the net, they don't come in through Freeview.

Me too. I cried. A lot. As Lexie said on Twitter, the song was PERFECT for the end, and the end made me SO SO HAPPY. I freaking ADORE things like that, things that won't ever happen obviously but OH HOW YOU WISH THEY WOULD! Fantastic. Perfect. A work of art :)

I was quite bored for most of the episode and kept looking at my watch hoping it was near the end.

On the plus side, the guy playing Van Gogh very much looked the part.

On the down side, Matt Smith.

I have to admit though that when they took Vincent to 2010 to see all his paintings I had tears in my eyes.

I sort of enjoyed this episode, I like Van Gogh and thought he was well acted, the monster though what a load of rubbish sorry but I thought it would be more spooky and I think it had the potential to be more mysterious.

I have recently been re-listening to some of the audio books with David Tennant and Rose, and I think that they are trying to hard to make Amy Pond like Rose.

I hated Rose, but I love Amy Pond.

I agree with you about Rose. I really hated Rose. Amy is growing on me.

I loved tonight's. The end was so sweet, I got a bit teary ;) But I love how he thought the work was worthless, and kept ruining pieces with the tea and painting over them. The monster was a bit disappointing but overall I think the series is getting better each week :)

I was quite bored for most of the episode and kept looking at my watch hoping it was near the end.

On the down side, Matt Smith.

So, to ask the obvious question, why are you still watching?

With the exception of the soft-rock ballad I thought it was a pretty good episode.

I hated Rose, but I love Amy Pond.
I agree with you about Rose. I really hated Rose. Amy is growing on me.

Rose will probably always be my favourite, but I do like Amy a lot.

But I love how he thought the work was worthless, and kept ruining pieces with the tea and painting over them.

It was when he picked up a painting and just started slapping white paint over it to reuse the canvas that got me. The gasp of shock from The Doctor and Amy was great! :)

With the exception of the soft-rock ballad I thought it was a pretty good episode.
A good piece of Murry Gold music would have been better!

No way! I'm with the others on this one (I'm sure I've made my feelings on Murray Gold know before ;)) - I like it when they use a proper song occasionally, it just makes a pleasant change.

Wonderful episode last night. I too cried when they took Vincent to the museum, and I was sad at the death of the monster too.

This episode had all the hallmarks of Richard Curtis's writing: the emotion, the feelgood factor, the humour etc. I hope he writes more.

I loved this episode! I thought the monster was rubbish too, but the rest of it was wonderful. Vincent was fantastic, and yes, I cried when he saw the gallery.

I think for me a lot of the problem is the lack of scare; it's like they're afraid to have you hiding behind the sofa like they used to.

So, to ask the obvious question, why are you still watching?

I was wondering when you'd ask that.

Because I've always loved Doctor Who, so I don't want to give up on it. And because I've been giving Matt Smith time to grow on me. He hasn't.

I'll probably still keep watching, as I can't bring myself to stop watching a programme I've always liked just like that. But I think they've made a huge mistake casting Smith. I just don't think he's right for the part. Obviously many people disagree with me - fair enough. Personally, I dislike him.