Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed last nights episode and think the series is getting better i still think that the writing is a little jerky and things happen too fast sometimes but hopefull that will improve when they settle a bit more its still early days.

OMG NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE IS ABOUT

VINCENT VAN GOGH!!!

I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Also, this week's episode was fantastic. I was a little indifferent after last week's episode, which was I wasn't massively impressed by, but this week's more than made up for it. Some brilliant quotes ("Come onnn, be extraordinary") and it made me cry.

I loved this weeks as well! It was an old school Doctor Who story but written in a contemporary way, and made me cry too :)

I can't believe Rory's gone - I suspect he'll be coming back though, otherwise why else would his engagement ring have been purposely left in the TARDIS?

Next weeks looks :lol: fantastic:

Vincent Van Gogh

- how much fun must the designers have had with those sets :D, written by Richard Curtis, and Bill Nighy's in it!!!

Next weeks looks :lol: fantastic:

Vincent Van Gogh

- how much fun must the designers have had with those sets :D, written by Richard Curtis, and Bill Nighy's in it!!!

It's going to be EPIC. The designers, if they have any taste, must have been in HEAVEN. Not to mention the dude playing the main man himself! Oh it's just going to be so cool. I must dig out my book on the guy's work and have a flick through it again before next week. :)

I saw all but the first two minutes of last night's episode (we were waiting for Eurovision and nothing else was on) and have to say I thought it was dreadful. Next weeks episode looks like it could be interesting with Van Gogh, but I definitely won't be watching because I now completely cannot stand Matt Smith or that plank of wood gthat plays Amy Pond. They've ruined one of my favourite shows. :lol:

I'm sorry you feel that way Kell :D I might not like it as much if I had grown up watching Doctor Who, but I didn't even watch the Tennant series (because I didn't think much of him) and I still only rate it on the same level as a B-movie (B-tv-show!) but as B-level things go, I love it :lol:

grr I am so annoyed. I was out last night so was going to watch the repeat one BBC3 tonight, only to find it isn't on!

It is on the BBC Iplayer you can watch it anytime you like, if you have sky, virgin or freeview it should be an option on your TV, if not you can watch it here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sm031/Doctor_Who_Series_5_Cold_Blood/

It's going to be EPIC. The designers, if they have any taste, must have been in HEAVEN. Not to mention the dude playing the main man himself!

Imagine getting that call. "Really? I get to play him!? In Doctor WHO!? I can die happy now"

I am still not won over. I quite like Matt Smith, but the episodes don't grip me at all, they just feel so quick and shallow. I have a bit of lust for Amy, but I don't think she's working out as well as promised, really.

I might have to camp outside BBC Salford with a sign saying 'More Torchwood now!'

I now completely cannot stand Matt Smith or that plank of wood that plays Amy Pond. They've ruined one of my favourite shows. :D

I almost completely agree (I can still tolerate Amy). And now that useless lump of :lol: masquerading as The Doctor has now managed to get nice old Rory killed by faffing about instead of just getting into the Tardis. Nice one. :D God, I really, really hate Matt Smith's portrayal of The Doctor. :) I truly can't think of one redeeming feature of his performance. On the odd occasion he gets it right, he seems to be merely copying Tennant's portrayal. The rest of the time, when he plays it his way, he gets it so, so wrong.

I still kind of like Amy, but at times she is very irritating. I hate it when they have her mouthing off in a glib "humorous" way when she's in mortal danger. I find it quite unrealistic.

Oh now you've done it Mia, starting it off again, Rory :D the lovely Rory!!! :) Why?! WHHHHHY RORY?! :D

Yeah, I agree about Amy. I quite like Matt as the Doctor, but Amy! Argh! Calling Rory an idiot while running away from danger the :lol: >.<

I'm not sure whether to spoiler this or not, as it's just my theory, but don't like to spoil things for those who haven't seen the things I have so best be on the safe side.

Do you really think Rory won't be back? It's obviously all building up to the series finale, and I think it was important that a big point was made of Amy's engagement ring being left in the TARDIS and the box it was in was also front and centre of the shot at the point when Amy was jolted out of her memory of Rory causing her to forget he ever existed. My theory is he'll be back ...

Hmm, well it's possible, in fact probable I guess. But I'll ignore that for now, as poor old Rory has given me another jolly good reason to hate Matt Smith's Doctor even more than I already did. :lol: