Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it with all the time changing??? Don't they know that kind of thing is what ruins viewing figures and leads to shows being cancelled? If nobody knows when the heck it's on, how are they supposed to watch it? :D

I was quite pleased with last night's episode, I really like River and hope they use her again. Although I did got confused a bit (which isn't difficult) about what was happening with the Angels. What happened to Amy at the end of that episode? :tong::eek: It was like she was possessed :lol:

Next week's episode looks good :) I'll have to remember that it's on a 6 though. :D Surely Doctor Who is the major programme in the BBC's Saturday night TV. So why don't they move everything else around rather than that.

This second part was better than the first. I felt sorry for poor Amy, especially when the Doctor was barking "She's going to die - deal with it" (or words to that effect). Very tactful and caring. :D

I still hate Matt Smith's portrayal of the Doctor. I was hoping he might grow on me, but he's becoming even more irritating.

This second part was better than the first. I felt sorry for poor Amy, especially when the Doctor was barking "She's going to die - deal with it" (or words to that effect). Very tactful and caring. :D

I still hate Matt Smith's portrayal of the Doctor. I was hoping he might grow on me, but he's becoming even more irritating.

I also loved this episode and although I thought I would never like Matt Smith (due to my huge adoration for David Tennant) there I something about Matt that I can't put my finger on... I think this is what is drawing me closer and closer to loving him. I especially loved it when the Doctor did cute little speech before leaving Amy blind in the forest.

I keep finding myself vaguely unsatisfied with all the episodes so far, its not Matt Smith or Amy, its more the way the programmes seem to flow or rather a lack thereof. I really wanted to enjoy the episode this weekend as I really liked the Weeping Angles, but I found the story too jerky and the ending was terrible, its almost as if the script writers have a load of great ideas start to film get most of the way through then realise that in fact they only have 5 more minutes and finish it as quickly as possible. I like parts of it and I would like Matt Smith to gtrow on me and he has the potential to do this if they could just sort out the way the programme flows....here's hoping :D

I'm still loving it. My parents don't think much of Matt Smith either but he cracks me up completely. I guess it's just coz his blunt, sarcastic 'tude is exactly like my own. I have a friend who looks a bit like Matt, and is similarly highly articulate and hilarious like the character so I think that endears Matt to me a bit more.

Apart from the Dalek episode, I'm loving it too. I think Matt and Karen are great (but then I ended up hating Tennant, so that's no surprise!). Thought this week's was cracking.

I thought the bit where The Doctor came back and spoke to Amy in the forest - when he told her to remember what he said to her 7-year-old self - seemed a bit odd at the time, as if it had been filmed differently for a specific reason. Searching around, there seem to be a couple of theories about it: when The Doctor went off with River he had lost his jacket to the Angels, but when he came back to talk to Amy he had the jacket on (I watched the scene again and it is indeed the case), then we see him with River again and no jacket. Could just have been a continuity error, I suppose, but the way it was shot made it seem more important. Something to do with the crack, perhaps? Him coming back from 26/06/2010 to help her perhaps? And isn't 26/06/2010 going to be the date of the last episode of this season? Intriguing!

I think Matt Smith is doing an alright job as Doctor so far, but I'm really not warming to Amy Pond - I find her highly irritating, but I'm not sure why. It could possibly be her smart-alek-y-ness, but I couldn't say for sure. However, I'm not thinking much of the episodes so far - they could have been SO much better. Still, I think Matt Smith is making the best job he can of the material he's being given.

I'd agree with him on some stuff but not on others. There are a lot of deus ex machinas in Doctor Who (I have moaned many times about the amount of them in RTD's run) but I always found Moffat's episodes flowed more logically.

Maybe his quality has taken a bit of a dip now he's writing so many shows rather than just one every now and again but that was kind of expected.

I was thinking the Doctor was getting a bit god like and I think that's one reason why Moffat's had Amy and other characters saving the day sometimes. He is supposed to be a one man army still but then a few of the Timelords would be the same if they were still around wouldn't they?

And, sorry, but this is Terry Pratchett complaining about a series being ludicrous and breaking the rules of narrative?...ok.

The Pratchett article on DS has largely been quoted out of context; it makes more sense if you read the original article.

The Daily Mail brigade have been complaining about last weeks kiss and this weeks busty vampires, apparently the BBC are on a mission to corrupt our youth . . .

Absolutely loved The Vampires Of Venice last night! Matt is really growing on me as The Doctor, and I think this was his best performance, and the best scripted dialogue for him so far - great mixture of humour and seriousness, as well as the slightly bumbling persona against the clever Time Lord.

It looked great too, all except a bit of CGI water which was the wrong colour and looked a bit cartoony, but minor quibble really.

Edited by chesilbeach

I rather enjoyed this episode, in fact it was my favourite so far. Perhaps Matt Smith had less screen time or something? :lol:

There were a few laugh out loud moments, particularly Amy saying scathingly to The Doctor: "You look about nine!"

However, Matt Smith preening in the mirror and calling himself a handsome devil made me want to throw up. :lol:

Still, it was pretty good.

I really liked the first half but the second half seemed a bit disjointed. Somebody mentioned before that they thought some episodes had seemed rushed but this was the first time I had felt that way this series.

Still good though. I've kind of gone off watching Doctor Who Confidential after. They just seem to be padding it out a lot. Could do with being cut down to half an hour I think.

I really liked this one, preferred it to the angels actually. Although the end did remind me of the daleks in manhattan

I see the time for next week has changed again :lol:

There were a few laugh out loud moments, particularly Amy saying scathingly to The Doctor: "You look about nine!"

:lol: I liked that bit too, maybe a little poke at the fans who were saying he looked too young. I liked the bit where he said "I've never seen fish look so...busty"

Edited by Lucybird

I liked the whole vampire fish thing in this weeks episode, but I am really not warming to Amy Pond at all, and now we have her dopey fiance trailing around after them too, more's the pity.

I loved this weeks episode! Although I prefer just Amy with the Doctor, Rory was quite funny in some parts. I especially laughed when I saw that the guy trying to rescue his daughter was wearing Rory's stag t-shirt! :lol:

Tonight's episode was rather so-so. I did think the guy who played the Dream Lord was excellent. Matt Smith is a poor actor - this guy acted him off the screen with a spooky yet understated performance.

Matt Smith just isn't working for me at all.

Me neither. He has managed to turn Doctor Who from something I wouldn't risk recording in case something went wrong and I missed it, to something I wouldn't be at all bothered if I missed. I've given him a chance to grow on me and he hasn't. He's completely wrong for the role IMO. :blush: