Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mia, I tend to agree. I'm not getting Matt Smith's doctor, and I'm finding Amy a bit annoying. Even River annoyed me, and I liked her in the library two-parter.

Thank goodness I have some old episodes I can go back and watch! :D

Michelle, that's twice now we've agreed in this thread - something's definitely up! :D

Amy can be annoying, and like you, River really annoyed me, but I wasn't that keen on her before. And why didn't she die instantly when she was sucked into space? I suppose there was some ray-thingy from the Tardis keeping her safe or something. :D

Bring back David Tennant!!

And why didn't she die instantly when she was sucked into space? I suppose there was some ray-thingy from the Tardis keeping her safe or something. :D

She asked the Doctor to provide an air tunnel.

I liked the TARDIS hand-brake joke.

Much better but not as good as blink. Actually it reminded me a bit of The Library, a similar type of idea I think of getting trapped and having to get out of it. Certainly the best so far (although I did enjoy the first not much really happened).

I quite like Amy myself, she's kind of independent.

I do think this was the best of the series so far but they are still lacking the thriller appeal which they managed to achieve in the previous blink episode. I think they are perhaps trying to rush each episode put to much into it, rely on witty dialog (which isn't that witty) and not giving relationships enough time to develop. I don't mind Amy but its almost as if she has been with the Dr for ages rather than the short space of time...I would say that they need to slow it down a bit more and let us get to know and perhaps like the characters.

I thought it was a great episode. There's one thing that bugs me about this series though. Now I enjoy seeing Karen Gillan's legs as much as the next man but I wish they'd make her wear something a little more practical than tiny skirts.

I watched the episode on iplayer when I got in so I didn't see the cartoon Graham Norton dancing across the screen to advertise the next programme. Since I didn't see it maybe it's wrong of me to have made a complaint but for the first time ever I have anyway.

Some people say they didn't get it so...who knows. Either way I think it's absolutely idiotic for them to build up suspense over 45 minutes and at the climax ruin the tension by advertising the programme that's going to be on in under 2 minutes anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/ is the place to go. Charlie Brooker mentioned it as well and I don't understand how it would be on some peoples' televisions but not others but if I'm wrong fair enough. They deserve the complaints for always talking over the credits anyway.

The Sunday Telegraph, and tomorrow's Daily Telegraph are carrying (respectively) 'Dr.Who ~ Pest Control' parts one and two. It's an adventure specially written for audio and read by a Mr D. Tennant.

They are giving away Doctor Who audios right through to Friday, details as follows:

Free Doctor Who Audios in The Telegraph

News Dated: 20/4/2010

Starting Saturday, 24th April, claim free Doctor Who stories on CD, only with the Telegraph.

From Monday, April 26, you can claim a further five free CDs at WHSmith. We'll print a voucher each day in The Daily Telegraph - take each day's voucher to your nearest high street WHSmith to claim, or collect tokens and send off for a pack. The five CDs span the decades, featuring two further Doctors and the Doctor's arch enemy, the Daleks.

Free inside on Saturday, April 24

The Runaway Train - An original story, read by Matt Smith.

Arriving on Earth in the midst of the American Civil War, the Doctor and Amy must get a posse together to help them retrieve an alien artefact. The duo are chased across the Wild West by the alien race, their only hope of escape catching the 3.25 to Arizona.

Free inside on Sunday, April 25

Pest Control - Part One. An original BBC audiobooks story, read by David Tennant.

The Doctor and Donna face monstrous insects and a ruthless robot exterminator in this thrilling story and the TARDIS is lost in battle on a distant planet.

Free with The Daily Telegraph on Monday, April 26

Pest Control - Part Two. An original BBC audiobooks story, read by David Tennant.

The Doctor and Donna face monstrous insects and a ruthless robot exterminator and the TARDIS is lost in battle on a distant planet in this thrilling story.

Free with The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday, April 27

Slipback - Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and Valentine Dyall star in this BBC Radio 4 adventure from 1985.

The Doctor and Peri board an alien craft which the TARDIS has materialised inside, to investigate time experimentation. Which turns out not to be the only illegal activity onboard.

Free with The Daily Telegraph on Wednesday, April 28

Exploration Earth - Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen star in this special BBC School Radio episode from 1976.

The Doctor and Sarah witness the Earth's development. But, as the Earth evolves from a mass of heat and gas, Megron the High Lord of Chaos has his own designs on our homeworld.

Free with The Daily Telegraph on Thursday, April 29

Geneisis of the Daleks - Tom Baker narrates an abridged audio version of the 1975 television adventure.

The Doctor, Sarah and Harry are sent to Skaro, where crippled scientist Davros has created protective casings for the genetic mutations with his race will become as a result of the 1,000-year war of attrition between the Kaleds and the Thals.

Free with The Daily Telegraph on Friday, April 30

Mission on the Unknown - The soundtrack to a Doctor Who adventure from 1965, but which famously does not feature the Doctor himself, with linking narration by Peter Purves.

In this one-off prelude to The Daleks' Master Plan, can Special Space Service Agent Marc Cory survive the vegatation on the planet Kembel and prevent the Daleks' plans for galactic domination?

I don't understand how it would be on some peoples' televisions but not others.

It seems to have appeared in England, but not the rest of the UK.

I have quite a few when they were given away by the Radio Times a few years ago narrated Bt David and very very good. They also appear on BBC 7 on occasion and are very good, they have been doing one recently narrated by Tom Baker.

I do like Matt Smith as the new doctor but don't think they should have brought back the weeping angels! I know they had the daleks last week but we almost expect them. I remember Doctor Who for the Daleks! They scared the life out of me when I was younger!

I liked that it was the weeping angels, but I didn't think all that much of the episode, so I'm glad it's a 2-parter so there's a chance to redeem it in the 2nd half. That said, it was a hell of a lot better than last the rubbish Dalek episode last week.

I do love River Song, though (I'm a huge Alex Kingston fan), so it was good to see her characterback again. :irked:

Over 5000 people have complained about the cartoon Graham Norton dancing across the screen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8643684.stm

and this is the open letter the article refers to

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/471290/open_letter_to_whoever_put_a_graham_norton_graphic_over_tonights_doctor_who.html

Hopefully this will make the people who decided it would be a good idea to stop acting like cretins.

I really enjoyed the episode with the weeping angels and after watching the Doctor Who Confidential I was amazed how much effort they went through just making crumbling stone coming from Amy's eye!

I watched the repeat on Sunday and am in Scotland so I didn't get Nortoned on both counts as the trailer wasn't shown in Scotland and wouldn't have been shown on the Sunday either.

The second part of last week's episode is on in 25 minutes! Yay! :D

I liked last week's. The weeping angels always make me jump, and I'm not usually jumpy when it comes to TV.

The Dalek episode was a bit silly, though. The new Daleks don't look very menacing at all; in fact, I think I agree with my father that they look like a cross between wheely bins and tellytubbies.

I hope this week's will be good!

So they've rewarded our complaining about the Graham Norton graphic by changing the time again then?

Its wierd isn't it they keep changing by 5 10 and 15 minutes not sure why is there something different on earlier but its very annoying as i am never sure what time its starting and keep having to look it up..

I find it annoying that they keep changing the time, too.

And I got it wrong in my earlier post. It was right when I started writing it, but then I got distracted halfway through. Dr Who is on at 18:25 this week. :D

They should just keep it to being on at 7 o' clock like it was before. It was so much easier to follow when it was always on at the same time.