Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do not click on this link if you want to remain blissfully ignorant of upcoming Who-ness.

MAJOR SPOILER (possibly... If it ever gets made...)

Although the thought of a movie (with Paul McGann! And Rose!) might be tempting, I can't help but feel that after such a big 'event cluster' as the end of the '08 run, anything that they come up with will feel small without a proper build-up. Remember The Star Trek: Nemesis? Remember how underwhelming it was because the season finales' (at least from DS9 on) had been built up over the course of a year, with plot strands being added to and characters being put into position for the big end of year cliffhanger. That is the situation any Who movie has to overcome.

Yay! I spotted Alex Kingston in that trailer. Does this mean that this incarnation is "her" Doctor? Oooh! I'm going to HAVE to atch it now, even though I think that guy is the weirdest looking person I've seen in a long time (honestly, he looks like he's wearing a gigantified rubber mask or something - LOL!).

Edited by Kell

Yay! I spotted Alex Kingston in that trailer. Does this mean that this incarnation is "her" Doctor?

Do not click on this link if you want to remain blissfully ignorant of upcoming Who-ness.

If you read the link given, it appears that this isn't her doctor, and she doesn't even recognise him.

Well I am looking forward to it no matter who, what or where its is based or set..can't wait..I made everyone shut up or leave the room on Christmas day to catch the last one and thank god I live alone to pursue this addiction in the future unspoilt by others chatting..

Yes, please spoiler tag anything plot related for the new series!

I don't mind finding out actors who are going to be in it, or writers, or directors etc., but please try to avoid monsters, aliens, planets, returning characters, episode titles and anything to do with the stories themselves.

It's not a huge amount to ask, is it?

Sorry, I didn't put spoilers in my previous post, but, as Michelle rightly pointed out, it's in the trailer which anyone watching telly with an interest in the show will see and I didn't reveal anything about the series at all.

Don't worry, Kell! I must admit I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'm pretty sure the Radio Times will give away massive spoilers as usual and I won't be able to avoid them :readingtwo: The main thing is to try and avoid it as much as possible, so I haven't been on the Doctor Who news sites or forums for a while, and will steer clear for the next few months.

All I can say is roll on series five! (If that's what it's called)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the Weeping Angels... That was one of my favourite episodes ever, and for me it just had the perfect ending. Would it work to go back to them? I'll have to wait and see!

Still, I suppose plenty of other things are revisited time and again - Daleks, Cybermen etc so I suppose there's no good reason why we can't have another story with the Angels. I guess what I'm saying is I hope it's good and doesn't tarnish my memory of one of the best eps ever.

Because Stephen is such a massive geek, I wouldn't put it past him to start tying in the expanded universe to the New Who - therefore (on the off-chance that anyone at the BBC pays attention to what I say) I really, really want an Abslom Daak episode. He doesn't even have to be named, but the presence of the character in an actual episode would make me happier than I have any right to be.

That is all.

I've with you on that one Raven, I didn't think the trailer was that fantastic. I enjoyed the bits on the grass, especially when they were discussing the flashing star and Matt said 'Oh yeah, sorry, I thought I had fixed that.' Made me chuckle.. but what was going on with the whirlwind thing? I just thought it was a bit daft. Nevertheless, looking forward to the new series.