Peter Kay's Pop Factor

technohead

I watched the first half but couldn't be bothered to stay up to watch the "results show" - i think that probably says what i thought of it :welcome:

It was ok, nowhere near as good as the other stuff he's done - and i think C4 just built it up so much that it could never live up to the hype.

I loved it. I'm a big fan of Peter Kay but I was worried that it was going to be a let down. It wasn't. I laughed all of the way through. The song choices were brilliant and it was hilarious when they were saying that R Wayne didn't get a place in the final because he didn't have a big enough sob story. :welcome:

The winner of the show was Peter Kay (metaphorically and literally but I won't confuse matters)

I thought it was funny. For these reasons amongst many others:

- Cat swearing

- Peter Waterman saying everything was 'The best thing in 25 years'

- The whole 'R Wayne' thing and saying how good looking etc he was then the camp Village People bit

- Doctor Fox not being a real Doctor

- Nikki being a bit of a bitch

- 'Two Up Two Down'. The whole name of them really made me laugh and then (although it was obvious) the woman falling off the stool and Rick Astley struggling with her

- The massive pee takes of the X Factor et al. For instance the massive pauses before an announcement. Loved the whole saying it the wrong way thing

I could go on but I did think it was funny, it's a shame it wasn't a short series instead of a huge programme that was on quite late over one night but it was different and it was fun

I see the 'winners song' he sang on the show has gone in the charts at number 2, beating Leon Jackson, last years x-factor winner who charted at number 3! :D

Simon Cowell must be furious!!

Actually I'm pleased that PK beat Leon in the charts, I found it hilarious, as I can't stand Leon! I didn't watch this, but when I heard that he was a contender, I hoped that he or Pink would get it:lol:

Actually I'm pleased that PK beat Leon in the charts, I found it hilarious, as I can't stand Leon! I didn't watch this, but when I heard that he was a contender, I hoped that he or Pink would get it:lol:

Me too. I love Pink's new song I'm glad she's still number one! :D

Well said girl! That Leon is total c**p. Well done to PK

I don't like his music or his singing - even some of the DJ's on the radio have commented how awful it is!! He only won because the telephone voting system was conveniently not working for half of those who wanted to vote for Rhidian. One hell of a travesty I say

Why do you lot not like Leon? What wrong with him?

I don't know why I don't like him. To me, he didn't deserve to win. He sounds like a poorer version of Ray Quinn from a few years ago. I understand he has many fans (and ultimately it is down to the viewers to decide) but I think they got it wrong last year, Rhydian was so much better. It would be like Scott winning this year.

• 2 months later...