Another what's for dinner?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cooked a gorgeous roast beef topside tonight, with a herb (thyme and fennel) and crumb crust, plus roasted celeriac, sweet potato, shallots and carrots, and made the gravy from the juices. I haven't done gravy like that before. I opened a nice bottle of 15% red too.

Loads of washing up. I'm glad that there's plenty left for tomorrow to make bubble and squeak.

Edited by Icecream

Everybody on here makes such nice dinners.

I'm a student and a poor cook, I'm lucky if I have fresh chicken with my dinner.

Today I just had a sandwich. Twas lovely though.

I used to be in your position, a student with not much money, or cooking ability beyond using the oven and a few other things. I think the best thing I could make was spag bol. Since I had children though I have tried loads. Get some recipe books. You'll soon get the hang of what goes together. My spice cupboard is overflowing now, and I'm always adding things to dishes. It is only two years since I finished my degree and I have completely changed my eating habits.

Sausage and mash tonight with brocolli and onion gravy. I am just thinking that next week will be full of roast dinners and bubble and squeak. Better get some light for Monday and Tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...