Titanic - The long night

Horrorfan

I find the Titanic fascinating - I've read some great factual books about the disaster, survivors and the wreck, but I've never tried any of the fictionalised accounts. I love the non-fiction as I've never been on a cruise ship so imagining the size and scale as well as the luxury is amazing. I'm drawn to photographs of the wreck too - I know it might seem mawkish but I could look at them for hours, so ghostly and still.

@Spooncat: Nice! I went in 2005 to London, in my holiday, and also went to see the exhibition. :tong: I walked by accident, and when I saw it, I was so glad, and went directly see it. And I went in that same holiday, to Liverpool and Southampton, and bought also a lot of souvenirs!

@Ruth:

The film indeed, the story with Jack and Rose, is indeed fiction.

Is that why you hated the movie, because I think it's a beautiful film, (I mean the ship and the sinking:mrgreen:)

Sorry, for my not so very good English. :)

Got this book and its a fasinating account - i;m also very interested in anything Titanic and went to see the Titanic exhibition in London approx 4 years ago - was v emotional seeing some of the actual items found on the wreck

Me & my husband went to that when we were dating. It must have been over 5 years ago now. Was it at the Science Museum?

We were giving a boarding pass at the beginning stating the name of an actual person on board. At the end there was a list and you could see your fate. That really brought it home. The gentleman who was named on my husband pass survived only because he dressed as a women to get onto a lifeboat.

My DH is a real Titanic fan. Therefore I have seen just about every film and documentary on the subject!! He also has numerous books and he used to belong to the Titanic Preservation Society. Unfortunately we missed the exhibition for some reason I can't remember. Maybe next time....

Did anyone seen the movie 'A night to Remember' ?

Not only seen it, but I own a copy - it is probably the most accurate re-telling of the sinking, the modern special effects of Titanic aside.

The novel it is based on is also one of the best accounts of the sinking as it pulls together a lot of the survivors own accounts.

Me & my husband went to that when we were dating. It must have been over 5 years ago now. Was it at the Science Museum?

We were giving a boarding pass at the beginning stating the name of an actual person on board. At the end there was a list and you could see your fate. That really brought it home. The gentleman who was named on my husband pass survived only because he dressed as a women to get onto a lifeboat.

Yes that's the one , you have a good memory , I cant remember who we were but it was a good idea to give you a boarding pass, it was very moving ,