Show your bookshelf

beef

• 2 months later...

Loving looking at these shelves :) Lisa's look lovely and cosy and I like all the other bits and pieces on the shelves like the angel, love Bobbly's shelves so neat .. but I can't see the titles (you really should've knocked a wall down to get the right angle Bobbly :lol: ) Loving Pickle's fairy lights .. and Frankie's Aussie posse and love the way Frankie that I can get right up close to your books and read the titles .. bliss!

Everyone! all of your bookshelves look fantastic, I love looking to see what books you have :) My book shelves are almost empty because they are being moved into the living room, I will post a picture once they are sorted. :)

I have a new pic of my bookshelf for you guys, you'll see that I've had to add two more cardboard boxes, on top of the bookcase. :giggle:

Wow Frankie!, that is one epic bookshelf :)

Yes, it's rather a miracle it's been holding up so well for so long, who knows when it'll all come crumbling down. I really want to get a new bookcase but feel like I should wait until I move to a new apartment the next time...

Everyone! all of your bookshelves look fantastic, I love looking to see what books you have :) My book shelves are almost empty because they are being moved into the living room, I will post a picture once they are sorted. :)

Looking forward to it Weave :) , I'll try and get mine done too but they are all over the place and most of them are only little.

Making a start ... these three are in my lounge. Yes I know some of the books have been colour co-ordinated .. I can't help it, it's a sickness :smile2:

I've just seen that some of them are upside down *smacked wrist*

post-5612-0-80216200-1306510595_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-89734900-1306510756_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-10813700-1306510948_thumb.jpg

Very nice, poppyshake! I love the Persephone books, both the Classics and the dove grey covers, they look so stylish and elegant, and I've yet to read one I haven't loved. I've been wondering for a while whether to consider trying to read their entire catalogue, but it would have to be a long term challenge, I think.

This is where it starts getting messy and I have to close my eyes and ignore the higgledy piggledyness of it all ...

Bookshelf 4 is a bookcase which is meant to be hung on the wall but isn't and for some unknown reason it's upside down.

Bookshelf 5 is on the landing without 'Howards End' in it but with Susan Hill's book so kind of fitting.

Bookshelf 6 is my lovely collection of 'Puffins' .. I could fit one more on but it needs to be an exact size so still looking.

Bookshelf 7 is in the basement awaiting liberation and sorting.

Bookshelf 8 .. cookbooks!!

post-5612-0-25747600-1306511548_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-64678300-1306511960_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-29306000-1306512052_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-29873400-1306512307_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-88078800-1306512557_thumb.jpg

Beaufitul collection, poppyshake, everything's so organised and I love it how they're all paperbacks except for a few hardbacks. And I love the A & K -decorations :smile2:

Thanks Frankie :) Ha, you haven't seen the later ones' ... hardbacks and unorganised :smile2: I only bought the 'A&K' a few weeks back .. couldn't resist them :wub:

Very nice, poppyshake! I love the Persephone books, both the Classics and the dove grey covers, they look so stylish and elegant, and I've yet to read one I haven't loved. I've been wondering for a while whether to consider trying to read their entire catalogue, but it would have to be a long term challenge, I think.

Thanks Claire :) I should get some more because I've loved all the one's I've read but where to put them?? .. reckon I might possibly turn the whole bookcase over to Persephone and Bloomsbury Group books one day .. when I've saved enough pennies :lol:

Poppyshake, you have so many books I want to steal from you!!!

You have my permission, it'll make room for more books :lol:

I can see so many of my own books on your shelves! But, I do see your copy of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix is in the wrong place, tut, tut, tut. :giggle2:

OMG ... there's no excuse is there :smile2:I will have to go down into the basement and sort it now otherwise it'll surface in my nightmares :lol:

One day the basement is going to be lined with lovely Billy, or similar, bookcases (though I've been told that they'll also have to house other stuff like CDs and DVD's :( ) and it'll be heaven. However, that day is a long, long way off .. even if I squint I can't see it.

This is where it starts getting messy and I have to close my eyes and ignore the higgledy piggledyness of it all ...

Bookshelf 4 is a bookcase which is meant to be hung on the wall but isn't and for some unknown reason it's upside down.

Bookshelf 5 is on the landing without 'Howards End' in it but with Susan Hill's book so kind of fitting.

Bookshelf 6 is my lovely collection of 'Puffins' .. I could fit one more on but it needs to be an exact size so still looking.

Bookshelf 7 is in the basement awaiting liberation and sorting.

Bookshelf 8 .. cookbooks!!

I love the fact that we have the same books as each other, great bookshelves poppyshake :)

I love the fact that we have the same books as each other, great bookshelves poppyshake :)

Thanks Paula :).. and I've just realised that I can look at the pics before searching for my next book to read, I never usually can find the one I want. Of course, calorie wise, it would be better to go up and down the stairs a thousand times but patience wise this is a much better idea :D

You have my permission, it'll make room for more books :lol:

Yes but I'm sure you wouldn't like parting ways with your books! :lol: There's a bit less to steal, though, after today: I found a book you and I've been talking about lately :cool: More details in my reading log, later today.

Poppyshake, you have so many books I want to steal from you!!!

Well get in line tongue.gif...not that there will be many left once I've gone through them!

OMG, Poppyshake, your bookshelves are awesome. I see soooo many books that I want. I was a bit relieved to see your later, 'unorganised' shelves because I was having trouble working out (from the first pic) how you could manage to have all your books such a uniform size!

One day the basement is going to be lined with lovely Billy, or similar, bookcases (though I've been told that they'll also have to house other stuff like CDs and DVD's :( ) and it'll be heaven. However, that day is a long, long way off .. even if I squint I can't see it.

Aww yeah, that sounds lovely. :) You can get CD/DVD towers from IKEA that are nice and sort of plain like Billy, but they're actually Benno cases, not Billy, and I'm not sure that they're the same height (I think I considered getting them in the past but didn't for that reason). So what I'm trying to say is: Billy should be for books only! laugh.gif

Yes but I'm sure you wouldn't like parting ways with your books! :lol: There's a bit less to steal, though, after today: I found a book you and I've been talking about lately :cool: More details in my reading log, later today.

It's true, there are some that I would hate to part with .. but others I would cheerfully lob at you as you came down the road :lol: I am intrigued about the book, will pop over to your blog later :D

Well get in line tongue.gif...not that there will be many left once I've gone through them!

OMG, Poppyshake, your bookshelves are awesome. I see soooo many books that I want. I was a bit relieved to see your later, 'unorganised' shelves because I was having trouble working out (from the first pic) how you could manage to have all your books such a uniform size!

Thanks Kylie :) everything is quite neat in the living room .. it's just that there's not enough space there for many books, although Alan has promised to build me a set of shelves in the other alcove where I will be able to put lot's of books on ... will add pic so you can see what I'm talking about. At the moment there is a display cabinet with all manner of ornaments in it and only the bottom shelf has been commandeered for books (and now I look at the earlier pic .. there is a shocking lack of Jasper Ffordes .. I got most of them from the library and haven't found my own copies yet) but who needs ornaments!! I realised I didn't want them any more which makes Alan mad because he could have built the shelves when he was doing the one's the other side .. but I am a woman (it's not been scientifically proven but I'm pretty sure all the same) and so it's my prerogative to change my mind. The pic was taken a while back so didn't have the initials then and had photo's getting in the way which have now been placed elsewhere. When the rellies come I'll have to put them back.

:lol:

Aww yeah, that sounds lovely. :) You can get CD/DVD towers from IKEA that are nice and sort of plain like Billy, but they're actually Benno cases, not Billy, and I'm not sure that they're the same height (I think I considered getting them in the past but didn't for that reason). So what I'm trying to say is: Billy should be for books only! laugh.gif

Yes, you are right .. keep off the Billy's!! I think he has that in mind, something that can mix and match and it's where he intends to put a great big TV because as you can see from the pic are TV is tiny and does not cut the mustard as far as watching movies/rock concerts goes. It will be Alan's cave but I will be allowed to go there for book selecting :lol: (but I may need a password!)

post-5612-0-68656400-1306582149_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to it Weave :) , I'll try and get mine done too but they are all over the place and most of them are only little.

Still want to see them! :)