Garfield Books

Kenny

I used to have an entire STACK of the Garfield cartoon books whenI was younger. Some of the strips were just so funny! At one point they were all the rage at my school and we used to cover our school books in photocopies of our favourite strips. :D

I've never been much into Garfield, but we had some books when I was a kid. I've always collected Bloom County, For Better or For Worse, and Calvin and Hobbes instead. :D

I've always been a Garfield fan and have a few books at home.

I also have Garfield Holiday Celebrations on DVD - I used to watch it when I was a kid and couldn't resist buying them on DVD. I always liked Garfield's voice. :D

On my Mac I have a comic strip widget (called 'Say Cheese') that updates to a new Garfield comic everyday. There are a couple of dozen comics available (including Calvin & Hobbes) but I only check out Garfield. They used to only have the last couple of months' worth available for viewing, but now you can go right back to (what I assume is) the very first Garfield strip from 19 June 1978, where Jon and Garfield look very different.

On my Mac I have a comic strip widget (called 'Say Cheese') that updates to a new Garfield comic everyday. There are a couple of dozen comics available (including Calvin & Hobbes) but I only check out Garfield. They used to only have the last couple of months' worth available for viewing, but now you can go right back to (what I assume is) the very first Garfield strip from 19 June 1978, where Jon and Garfield look very different.

On my Dads laptop I put on a Garfield desktop comic that puts up a new comic every day.:006:

:D

There are a couple of Garfield books upstairs on the girls shelves. When we had two of OHs children coming here I used to enjoy hearing his little boy reading them out loud. Children can be very funny. I think I have seen the first film, but not the second.

The comic strip book I most enjoyed though, and read countless times as a child I can't remember the name of. I borrowed it from my step dad (and it i most likely still in my box of books at Mum's). It is a longish pink book, and I think he had a blue one too, about a guy who was either a nomad, or escaped from the foreign legion. It was hilarious.

EDIT: It is really bugging me what it was called now..

Edited by Icecream

I like the site garfield minus garfield.

"Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb."

Works much better without the cat getting in the way. :D

fSymsOGXOaul1umf7sItOyVq_r1_500.gif

http://garfieldminusgarfield.net

Edited by Tambo