Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - your favourite characters and why

Alexander

Iv'e just read the whole Twilight saga, and I was very impressed. I'm not normally a fan of whole teen romance genre but I felt it worked excellently with the supernatural element. I've also noticed that there is alot of the 'team Edward', 'team Jacob' thing going on. Personally i'm most definitely 'team Alice' (being a guy). I was interested in which is your favourite character in the Twilight saga and why?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the whole series as well Alexander (welcome to the forum by the way :D ). My favourite character is Alice, I think she is just a great character, there is so much to her, which makes interesting reading :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say Jacob because he's the least 2D out of the other characters. I mean, we don't know much about Bella, Edward, .. the rest of the Cullens, in terms of character because they were not described well enough. I like Jacob because even though he was rejected by Bella, he persisted. I haven't read the whole series though so my mind might change!

• 1 month later...

I like all the vampires. But if we're playing favorites I'm torn between Edward and Carlisle (took me forever to figure out how to pronounce that btw). I like Edward for all the reasons that Bella likes him - he's just the perfect dream guy. But Carlisle is also really amazing - a vampire doctor, intelligent, purehearted, never killed anybody, righteous and generous, and always so good.

• 3 weeks later...
EDWARD, EDWARD, EDWARD............MY GOD EDWARD. he's the stuff dreams are made of.....well mine anyway!:)

Me too! but I just love Robert Pattinson! :)

OK I really really like vampire books (so much so that when I was a young teen I wanted to marry one :)) the only thing that puts me off these books is that they are aimed at young adult :). Although everyone who's read them on here seems to rave about them - so can u tell they are written for teens? :)

I'm 34 and I really enjoyed the whole series, I did not put a whole lot of thought into it whether they were YA or not :) I just thought it was a good read.

I don't know :) I'm 20 and I really like them, but I can't tell if I'll like them the same when I'm 30 or 60 :)

I know people of all ages who like these books, so even if they were aimed at younger population, I don't think that it repels adults :lol:

I'm 34 and I really enjoyed the whole series, I did not put a whole lot of thought into it whether they were YA or not :motz: I just thought it was a good read.

:) I think I'll add one to my wishlist and give it a go! :)

• 4 weeks later...
oooh I'm definately team Jacob:lol:

Edward is an over protective control freak!

:D I disagree, hehe :).

I am Team Edward all the way! Obviously because I am the typical fan and fell in love with him too, as you do. I also really liked Emmet as he has some really funny quotes in the series. To be honest, Jacob just irritated me! But I can see why the books would have been lacking without him. Ok, I also love Alice too! And Jasper. But not Rosalie.

Ok, I'll stop now :)

I'm team Cullen. Hehe.

I love the Cullens, except Rosalie.

I don't like Jacob. At all. He irks me.

Although I thought the movies did a better job with Edward and Bella than Meyer did (I make no secret of the books are horrible in terms of writing quality.)

I'm team Switzerland :D

I like both Edward and Jacob, both are very different characters and have their own good and bad sides.

To be honest though, Jacob irritated me a lot in Breaking Dawn. But other than that I don't hold anything against him!

And Edward, well, is just perfect haha. The only downside to him is that he isn't real :)

Although hype wouldn't put me off a book, if I thought it could be a good read.

Me neither.. but I have heard too many people say that it's not that well written. As I said in another thread, there were also a LOT of terrible reviews for the last book, and I don't want to to spend precious reading time on a series that will eventually disappoint!

Ah well, yeah thats fair enough. I thought you mean hype as in, 'oh my god vampires edward droool' as opposed to people saying its not worth reading. My bad.

It really IS terrible.

I figured I might like it because it has vampires, and I am a vampire fangirl. I was right. And its a very easy read, I got through all four books in 3 days, its a very, very easy series to get through.

But my personal recommendation to anyone would be, don't waste your time, money or faith in book writers by reading it hehe.