A new first line of current book

Nici

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mist filling the Tennessee mountain pass was either fate's middle finger telling Erin Morgan she was screwed, or a beckoning finger from the grave letting her know that sooner or later she was a dead woman.

Touch of a dark wolf ~ Jennifer St Giles

The alarms first went off in my head when the landlord and the lobsterman showed me what had been washed up on the beach.

Pig Island~Mo Hayder :lol:

I'll be watching out for your thoughts on this one ... a bit strange to say the least I thought. :lol:

'In November 1995 i found myself standing offstage at a Los Angeles theatre with a brown Sicilian donkey named Midget'.

Hiding the Elephant - Jim Steinmeyer

I seem to remember Charm, we had a short dialogue on Pig Island on the most disturbing thread. That first line brings back to me how disturbing I found that book......

Anyway, here's a good first line ...

In the crypt of the abbey church at Hallowdene, the monks were boiling their Bishop :roll:

From "The Bone Pedlar" by Sylvian Hamilton.

I seem to remember Charm, we had a short dialogue on Pig Island on the most disturbing thread. That first line brings back to me how disturbing I found that book......

Anyway, here's a good first line ...

In the crypt of the abbey church at Hallowdene, the monks were boiling their Bishop :(

From "The Bone Pedlar" by Sylvian Hamilton.

Yes ... I remember. I recognised the first line too. :(

Great first line by Sylvian Hamilton btw! :roll:

For a few weeks each summer, the sky over Kyralia cleared to a harsh blue and the sun beat down restlessly.

The Novice - Trudi Canavan.

Something nagged, yet she couldn't quite figure out what.

The Broken Window ~by~ Jeffrey Deaver

Hope you enjoy this - I`m nearing the end of it :) We`ll have to compare thoughts when you finish! :)

I am in all truthfulness attempting to be cheerful about this whole topic, though most people find themselves hindered in believing me, no matter my protestations.

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak.

"Considering that Philip Lucas's aunt who died early in April was no less than eighty-three years old, and had spent the last seven of them bedridden in a private lunatic asylum, it had been generally and perhaps reasonably hoped among his friends and those of his wife that the bereavement would not be regarded by either of them as an intolerable tragedy."

Lucia In London - E. F. Benson