Harry Potter movie delayed

beef

The powers that be are paid to keep cash flow and profits healthy for their business. Thats their job. They make decisions to maximise their return. We may not like the decisions they make, but thats what their role is. Given the threat of strikes both from writers and actors, I too would be thinking about how I can make sure I have cash flow through a lean time.

I have a similar role, where I have to make a risk based assessment on what will keep the business healthy. Sometimes people don't like what I decide, but thats life. Some you win, some you loose.

Does anyone feel a bit miffed that the latest Harry Potter movie has been split into two parts?

Surely they could get it all in one?

It just smacks as getting two cinema tickets out of the public instead of one.

I think they're doing the same thing with the Hobbit.

Does anyone feel a bit miffed that the latest Harry Potter movie has been split into two parts?

Surely they could get it all in one?

It just smacks as getting two cinema tickets out of the public instead of one.

As mentioned above they could have easily removed the pointlessly long parts with them camping and made it into one movie. But the public do not always like long movies, i know plenty of people who refer to anything over 1:30 as "too long" .

• 1 month later...
Does anyone actually buy these reasons? "the after effects of the writers strike" ? what does that have to do with a film thats *ALREADY* been filmed, edited and prepped for release?

Yes, because of the writers strike, earlier this year, a number of films slated for release next summer didn't get out of the blocks. A number of films - Star Trek, for example - have already been pushed back from a late 2009 release to early/mid summer 2009 to fill the gap created by the strike. If they hadn't pushed Trek/Potter back, the respective studios wouldn't have had anything big to release over the summer, which is usually their most profitable period.

I agree, Kylie. I was really disappointed with the 5th movie. I thought that way too much stuff was left out. I hate having to wait longer to complete the series, but I think 2 movies is a good idea.

I thought they did an excellent job in adapting The Order of the Phoenix, I've always felt the book was about 200 pages too long, and the film cut out a lot of the flab. It's a pity they aren't doing the same with The Deathly Hallows, but I suppose two hours of Harry and Hermione go camping will be fun . . .

Hmm.

Not quite, at least as far as I understand it. The first film will be The Hobbit, the second is going to be based on material written by Tolkien and will bridge the gap between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've become less and less excited about the Harry Potters. I'm assuming it's because I've got older and they just don't appeal the same way the used to. I'm going to read them all again soon though because I feel like I've totally forgotten the story from book 5-7!

I wasn't really bothered that the film was postponed to be honest. In my opinion, the people who play Harry and Hermoine are terrible actors, really wooden. So I can never take it seriously.

I will probably go and see it in the cinema but more due to loyalty and because my bf has become more interested in them (even though he hasn't read the books) rather than excitement or whatever.

I realise this all sounded horrible and I'm sorry! I do like the Harry Potters despite all of what I just said :)

To be honest with you I've never really been that excited about the films. Don't get me wrong I do think overall the films are quite good, but nowhere near as good as the books. I've seen all the films so far, but never at the cinema. I wait until they come out on DVD and then watch them.

I'm going to read them all again soon though because I feel like I've totally forgotten the story from book 5-7!

Yeah I have too, I'm planning to read them soon, maybe after I finish all that has been released for the women of the otherworld series as I almost have all of them now :)

With regards to the movie, it wasn't a big deal to me that it was pushed back, I usually wait until they're released on DVD anyway because BF refuses to go to the cinema to watch a "childs" film, and I don't want to go alone :lol::)

I think the films have got better as they have gone along, and although Watson is a pretty poor actress, I'd have to say Radcliffe has improved vastly since the first film.

I'm, a, a, a, a wiz-ard?!

*Cringe*

I should have a stab at re-reading the books as well, although I'm not sure I'll make it through The Order of the Phoenix again . . .

I think the films have got better as they have gone along, and although Watson is a pretty poor actress, I'd have to say Radcliffe has improved vastly since the first film.

I'm, a, a, a, a wiz-ard?!

*Cringe*

I should have a stab at re-reading the books as well, although I'm not sure I'll make it through The Order of the Phoenix again . . .

I agree!

Emma Watson is a poor actress and Daniel Radcliffe has improved -

Overall, Rupert Grint has been the best actor throughout the series :lol:

• 3 months later...
I've become less and less excited about the Harry Potters. I'm assuming it's because I've got older and they just don't appeal the same way the used to. I'm going to read them all again soon though because I feel like I've totally forgotten the story from book 5-7!

I wasn't really bothered that the film was postponed to be honest. In my opinion, the people who play Harry and Hermoine are terrible actors, really wooden. So I can never take it seriously.

I will probably go and see it in the cinema but more due to loyalty and because my bf has become more interested in them (even though he hasn't read the books) rather than excitement or whatever.

I realise this all sounded horrible and I'm sorry! I do like the Harry Potters despite all of what I just said :lol:

Yes,me too,I have to re-read,can't remember books 5-7!!:D