What are your favourite radio stations?

Colin Jacobs

I enjoy radio Norfolk but dislike their country and western programmes. I wake to the Today Programme on radio four and if there is a good book at bedtime on then will listen again at night.

Most contemporary music stations bore me I like the chat and current affair stations. World Service takes some beating for news on the Afganistan war.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, good question! :friends0: I love Pirate FM when I'm in the west, and I just can't get enough of Radio 1. I also listen to KM FM and Invicta (two of our local radio stations) quite a bit- I listen to most channels, really- I can't get enough of music these days.

If find Terry Wogan so boring. He waffles, i loved radio One in the 1970's when I was a kid especially Junior Choice, remember that chuckling little boy? I wonder what became of him? Yes Local radio is very good I find radio Suffolk is geared to the Middle Classes of the county but Radio Norfolk the working and retired classes.

I'm an LBC fan too and have been known to call in from time to time!! My favourite is James O'Brien on 10am-1pm weekdays. Radio 4 'Today' programme is on in the morning because OH prefers it but sometimes it is so stuffy and middle class I have to switch over especially at 10 to 8 when thought for the day comes on. I can't bear religion being preached at me especially at that time of the day :friends0:

I'm in the US, so unfortunately I don't know any of the stations you all are speaking of! Oh, but I have listed to Virgin radio online with the guy saying over and over 'The Music we all Love,' and giving soccer (football?) scores, lol.

The majority of radio I listen to is political talk radio. If I'm not too busy at work I listen during the day, otherwise I listen for a couple of hours after I get home while I'm making dinner, etc. If I listen to music it's on my iPod or a CD. For some reason I'm not a fan of most of the music stations we have here in town. I would love to get satellite radio though!

Radio 2 (and I think Terry's great - he's consistently the most popular breakfast show DJ so he must be doing something right!) mostly, with a bit of Radio 4.

If I'm in the kitchen where I have DAB then I often listen to Planet Rock.

I'm all on Radio One, I virtually have a radio in every room and Radio one is always on. I really don't like to be in the silence!

I don't like silence either, I can't stand being without my music!:blush: