Tell No One by Harlan Coben (Book & Film)

• 7 months later...

I remember reading this book and recommending it to people. It's been many years since I read the book so although I have a recollection of the plot and ending, I only have hazy impresssions of the characters. I'd have to disagree that Eric Wu is an excellent character - he's the only character that stands out in my memory. I remember thinking that his character is too stereotypical, and that impression seems to have lodged into my brain. The "Bruce Lee" reference probably says it all. I was reminded of some of the "Whoaaa! Hiya!" (insert kung fu style arm movement) chants orientals are sometimes subjected to by westerners (invariably, young boys). Eric Wu seemed to fit into this stereotype and the stereotype of those in his profession. No doubt his character is intriguing to some, but to others ... /sigh

I loved Tell No One, and have since read a lot of other Coben books, most recently The Innocent, and whilst a page turner it just seemed to be a bit samey - man in trouble, beautiful wife, can't trust anyone....

His books always have a "twist" too which isnt as effective when you know its coming and trying to guess it!

I would but like usual my mum's fishy about giving my address out online. I'll ask her a bit later, because I think she was considering changing her mind. :)

I remember I got this years ago - I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would, but as far as I can remember it wasn't a terrible book either. Sort of middle-ground. It's been a long time since I read it though :lol:

Yes, it's one of those books which passes the time, but doesn't stand the test of time. I was new to this genre and bought the book to fulfil my book club requirement, so it was something new. As things turned out, it was the first Harlan Coben book I read and also the last. It wasn't a compelling enough read to make me want to go out and buy (or even look at) his other books, but still there was something about the plot that made me recommend it to others at the time, despite the laziness of his characterisations.

How does that work then..?

You swap books with other people - you add to a list of books you want on there and a list of books you are willing to give away and you get points for everytime you add a book to the list of books you are giving away/ every time you send a book out

But I've been a bit blonde.........you still need your address on there (i'm not sure how I thought the book would get to you!!!) so bit of a dizzy suggestion!

I, too, very much like the Myron Bolitar books. I love the almost symbiotic relationship that Myron and Win have - Myron, the conscience to Win's cold, pragmatic logic - and how they rely upon one another to survive. I cannot wait for his ninth book in this series to come out (apparently some time this year - yay!):D

I, too, very much like the Myron Bolitar books. I love the almost symbiotic relationship that Myron and Win have - Myron, the conscience to Win's cold, pragmatic logic - and how they rely upon one another to survive.

Mac, that's just what I was going to say. (Well actually, I was going to say that I love it when Win beats the :D out of the baddies, but I don't think I should mention that in the face of your intelligent comment.) :blush:

I cannot wait for his ninth book in this series to come out (apparently some time this year - yay!):D

This year? Great! :)