What are Everyone's Favourite Films?

marbles

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Twilight again - in fairness, Rob's a great actor. Edward is so far removed from Rob's actual personality, and Rob hated the character after reading up on him - it must have been difficult to act the part.

And yuss, poor Wilson. I always get upset when he loses him. :yes:

That's such a sad scene when he loses Wilson, his only friend ): To see how he advances to be able to look after himself on that island is interesting, he spends so much time alone on screen too, he has great presence.

He's brilliant, I don't like his earlier work, but he is great. I love You've Got Mail.

I want to randomly meet a guy (who owns a bookstore chain) online and then end up dating him. :yes: Sleepless in Seattle is also awesome - I love Meg Ryan too, I have to admit.

You've Got Mail is really the perfect movie for us romantic booklovers, isn't it? :)

I also love Sleepless in Seattle and When Harry Met Sally.

I'd divide my favourites into "films that I consider awesome, but that are too deep/depressing to watch too often" and "films that may be enjoyed at any time":

Category number one would include such masterpieces as Easy Rider, Dead Poets Society, Velvet Goldmine, Life is Beautiful, The Legend of 1900, Carrie...

Category number two would include such comfort classics as Legally Blonde, Ever After: A Cinderella Story, Enchanted, The Princess Bride, Big Fish, Across the Universe, Shakespeare in Love, The Mirror has Two Faces, Working Girl... (I'm a big softie, really. I'm also having now, at 23 years of age, the "pink princess phase" I spectacularly failed to have at the more usual age of 3).

I have a couple of them, off the top of my head i think:

- Kiki's Delivery Service

- Spirited Away

- Howl's Moving Castle

They're all fun xD The other week i watched this one where a really psychotic looking cat which never stopped grinning, was an actual bus x_x And this giant bear thing that went crazy when it was given an umbrella.

Ah My Neighbour Totoro! I have most of the Studio Ghibli films except for the very first Nausicca Valley of the Wind, which I'm not too keen on.

I prefer these types of cartoon/drawn films over those 3D disney/pixar loads off tripe anyday.

I definitely want more Studio Ghibli films! I love the ones i have seen, they are so fun and beautiful and take you away from the world during the time you spend watching :> They always have lots of random things in too, which is always great :haha:

Has anyone seen Will Smith's recent film Seven Pounds? I really thought that was good :yes:

I have this DVD but haven't watched it just yet.. I should get on that soon. :)

Just saw Slumdog Millionaire and was blown away. BLOWN AWAY. Unforgettable. I left the theater counting my blessings.

I enjoyed this film a lot, also.. If you loved the movie but haven't read the book, you should give the book a go. It's different enough to avoid too many comparisons. :D

My Favs: (I base it upon movies I could watch over and over, that's how i know they are really good :))

Good Will Hunting

Rounders

Milk

The Wrestler

Donnie Darko

Fireflies in the Garden

The Nines

Just Friends

Definitely, Maybe

Chaos Theory

Prime

Yes Man

Maid of Honor

The Holiday

Four Christmases

Role Models

Superbad

Juno

Catch and Release

That's a lot. I could go on, but oh well enough for now and yes I love Ryan Renolds if you couldn't already tell :D

I loved Rounders! When I was at University myself and a group of friends played an absolute tonne of online poker. That movie was kind of like a Gospel to us.

Haha, that's awesome :) Yeah I am a hugeee poker fan. I play with my friends all the time and the movie, I agree, is like a gospel! lol

• 4 months later...

I would say, in no special order:

The 60s

My Girl 1 & 2

Sweet November

Almost Famous

The Lake House

The Notebook

50 first dates

X men trilogy & wolverine

Pirates of the carribean (all)

Back to the future trilogy

I love watching movies so there are definately more, but these are some that came to mind instantly.

Wow, I think listing my favorite movies is an impossible task. There are just too many to name. I am really big into comedy and cop-based drama. Probably one of my all-time favorite movies is A Night at the Roxbury. Will Ferrell is one of my favorite actors and the music was awesome too!

These are some of my favourite films:

The Philedelphia Story (1940)

Now, Voyager (1942)

Indiscreet (1958)

A Room With A View (1985)

Howards End (1992)

Strictly Ballroom (1992)

Four Weddings and A Funeral (1994)

Only You (1994)

Best In Show (2000)

Moulin Rouge! (2001)

Le fabuleux destin d'Am