Sweet Potatoes

Nici

I love baked sweet potato with just a knob of butter - delicious! Also nice if you grate a little fresh nutmeg onto the flesh, or even some cinamon - anice twist!

I like to bake the sweet potato just by itself, and then I make a sauce by heating up some orange juice and honey in a saucepan, with a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg. Delicious!!

• 5 months later...
Guest marcuz29
I would like to have a baked sweet potato, however I'm not sure what to put on it as sweet potatoes have their own distinctive flavour.

Does anyone have any ideas please? :welcome:

Thanks!

You can dip it in a tomato catsup.That is yummy. I always do that in the morning.Not really everyday,but that really is something to discover. hehehe

Edited by Janet
This user is a spammer - now banned and link removed

Nothing...they are great by themselves.

Or maybe a little bit of butter after you have dusted it lightly with cinnamon.

eta: just realised I repeated the suggestions of those below...should read other posts first huh!

Edited by knitnat
see eta

I bake the sweet potato in it's jacket after having scrubbed the skin with water and a brush, rubbing it down with olive oil. For a large one, usually about an hour.

I add butter after splitting and mashing.

I've tried microwaving one, but it doesn't taste right as far as I am concerned.

Bake potatoes on bed of salt on a pan at 350 degrees till potatoes are soft.Remove tops and hollow out potatoes.Put hollowed out parts of potato into whip bowl and add soften butter and sour cream.Salt & pepper till smooth.Put in mashed potato into a piping bag and pipe into hollowed out potatoes.Heat in oven.Reduce heavy cream in sauce pot and add ½ shallot minced and wine.When reduced by ½ add grated cheese.Adjust season (salt & pepper).Pinch of Cayenne Pepper and pour overtop of potatoes.

----------------------------

joycelorenza

Edited by Nici
Link removed.