Kell's 2006 Reading Log - January to June

Kell

Had literaly no time at all for reading over the weekend, so I'm looking forward to lunch tmie when I'll be abl to sink my teeth back into The Virgin's Lover (oo-er, that suonds a bit rude!) & bath time tonight, when I'll be relaxing with A Ghost Among Us. It's strange how I get less time on the weekends for readnig & doing my own thing than I do through the week when I'm worknig! Roll on Friday - I'm having a flexi-day, so I should be able to do what I want to do then...

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received a free book from Random House as a thank you for taking part in a survey: With All Despatch by Alexander Kent. Pleasant surprise!

The books from CBUK also arrived today, so that's 5 brand new books for free in one day - quite a nice little haul!

Finished Chocolat & read Not Quite a Mermaid: Mermaid Friends for BCUK. Currently reading 3 books at once:

Who Was boudicca: Warrior Queen (for CBUK)

A Ghost Among Us (for the author)

The Virgin's Lover (for me)

Will write the reviews for the other 2 tomorrow...

Review for Not Quite a Mermaid: Mermaid Friends by Linda Chapman now posted in the reviews forum if anyone's interested. I'll do the one for Chocolat tonight...

Review for Chocolat by Joanne Harris is now in the reviews forum if anyone's interested... Long overdue coz I finished it last weekend!

The Wise Woman by Philippa Gregory arrived this norning - yay! And my sister (who never reads) has decided that I MUST read Life of Pi as she read it & enjoyed it. Seeing as she really NEVER reads, I'm taking her recommendation to heart & I'll be borowing it from her tonorrow, though sh emay not get it back for a little whiel - LOL!

I'm still reading the same 3 books - I've been mega-busy, but I'm finding that this time round, reading 3 at a time is more difficult than it used to be - LOL! I think my max must be two nowadays, but I reckon I'll be happy to get back to one at a time very soon! I'll most likely be finished all three within the next couple of days though, so the reviews will be following soon after that...

Just been on another book-buying spree over at Green Metropolis - I sold some more books over there & the funds have finally cleared, so I thought I'd put them to good use & have just ordered:

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gatiss

looking forward to all three of them!

Well, I should most likely finish all 3 of the books I'm currently reading at some point today & then I shall restrict myself to no more than 2 at a time because I'm just not enjoying it as much when I'm spreading my reading out so much - strange, because when I was younger I'd have anything up to half a dozen on the go at any given time!

So, after these 3, I'll move onto Plague Sorcerer (for CBUK) & Jerome's Quest (for the author) & see how I go with those...

Yet another new book will shortly be winging its way to me courtesy of the lovely Michelle. I thought I'd give a new (to me) author a shot: Fatal Cure by Robin Cook. Looks interesting...

It's not a bad read, I like his books, however some of them are pretty sameish so I always had a break for a while before reading another one.

Well, i finished Plague Sorcedrer today too, so tomorrow I'll be writing 4 reviews (I've fallen behind again!).

I'll be reading Wolf Girl by Theresa Tomlinson & Jerome's Quest by Debora Hill next...

Just been over to RISI again & put in for swaps in order to try & get the 3 Trudi Canavan books (Novice, Magician's Guild & High Lord) & also Blackberry Wine by Joane Harris. We'll see if any of them get accepted... knowing my luck I'll get either the 2nd or 3rd Canavan but not the 1st - LOL!

I might be reviewing another book for another author (unpublished as yet) to loko over. Apparently she's been reading my reviews at On the Shelf... we'll see if she sends it & go from there...

Well, my Easter book shopping trip didn't exactly go as planned. I was originally going to get The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory, but it's still only avilable in hardback & at

I was just thinking, it's just as well I decided to dot around my list instead of reading them in the order I get them, as I'd never get to them all - LOL! I'm heavily into historical fiction at the moment, so I'm leaning more towards those on my list that are from that genre over the others.. No doubt I'l swing through to another genre soon enough & I'll get round to them all eventually!

Finished reading Wolf Girl last night & it was excellent. Moving on to Jerome's Quest & Life of Pi this week...

I started reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel this afternoon & although I'm only about 50 pages in so far, I think I'm really going to enjoy it. I love Martel's style already & the concept is intriguing! Has anyone else read this book?

I started reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel this afternoon & although I'm only about 50 pages in so far, I think I'm really going to enjoy it. I love Martel's style already & the concept is intriguing! Has anyone else read this book?

I read it a while ago and I must say... I hated it! But so many people I know loved it so I might try it again one day. Glad you are enjoying it.