Kell's 2006 Reading Log - January to June

Kell

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Kelley Armstrong will have these published in a book eventually Kell?

I don't know. Possibly the novellas cuold be put together as an anthology, but the Otherworld Tales won't make much sense unless you've read all the books, so I don't think that would work so well as a "proper book". The novelas would though - they all fit together nicely & have a single flow of history leading up to the 1st book.

I think they'd sell, I've heard alot of people talking that they want to hear more about Clay, Elena and the gang, which I totally agree with :reading:

Hence I can't wait for Broken - it switches back to The Pack. He opening chapter is available to read on her site if you haven't done already - just to whet the appetite a little. I'm thinking it's going to be a stonking good read!

I'm now several stories into Otherworld Tales 2005 & very much enjoying it

How long are they Kell.. are they easy to read online, or do they need printing out?

THey're short - maybe 4 or 5 A4 pages each on average, give or take a few. You could read those ones online, I suppose, as each one id completely separate, so you wouldn't lose track of where you're up to with them like you might with the novellas.

Finished reading both American Gods & Otherworld Tales 2005 tonight - I'll write the reviews tomorrow when I've got more time & energy. Enjoyed both immensely.

Well, I'll be buying Letter from America by Alistair Cooke this weekend for The Posh Club reading group, but in the meantime, I'll be starting Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon tomorrow, so I'll be kept occupied till then by something I've been assired is very good & I suspect will be right up my street in the same way that The Time Traveler's Wife was...

I've printed off the other two non-Otherworld short stories frmo Kelley Armstrong's site - The Halloween House & Truth & Consequences. They'll be quick 10-minute fillers by the looks of things & I'm hoping they'll be as good as the rest of her stuff!

I must be the only person on the forum that hasn't be taken with Kelley Armstrong :shock: . Read some of her online stuff and it's not for me.

Well I have never tried her stuff, but I hate zombies and stuff like that, and I have a feeling that they are heavily featured in her writing!

I don't think there's a single zombie in there - if there were, I'd have avoided it as I don't like zombies myself.

and vampires?

A few vampires, but none of themhave been the focus of a story yet - just bit-part characters mostly. Werewolves, Witches & Sorcerers, now, they're there in force!

There was a sort of zombie, Kell.. in DSM

You know what? I can't remember! Isn't that terrible? I haven't read that one in a while...

Well, so far I'm rather enjoying Cross Stitch. I'm a few chapters in & Claire has been whisked back to the 18th Century. I think I can tell who her love interest will be.

Funny - another time-travel book featuring a heroine called Claire. Maybe it's something about the name...

I'm also liknig the fact that the "our time" portion of the story is also in our past - setting it in the 1940's means that the "modern" moments will remain timeless.

Continuing on from reading Kelley Armstrong's e-fic, I've started reading the short stories of Christopher Brookmyre & Neil Gaiman, which are on their websites. Looking good so far!

I'm about 1/4 of the way through Cross Stitch now & I'm really enjoying it! Hoping to have plenty of time to immerse myself in it over the weekend, though that's probably just wishful thinking & I'll have no such luck!

I'm enjoying Claire's inner conflict - so far it's only mild, but I can see it's going to grow & quite possibly get out of control for her if not soon, then VERY soon - LOL!

And I don't like that little blonde bint that's running round after Jaime. I hope she gets taken out of the picture prety quickly & lets Claire & Jaime get on with things...

I finished reading all the e-fiction (Kelley Armstrong, Christopher Brookmyre & Neil Gaiman) & thought them worthy of review, so... I've review them! All highly enjoyable in their own way. I particularly recommend one of Gaiman's short stories - I marvelled at his genius once again - he never ceases to amaze me, that man!

I may go hunting for more e-fic - I've heard tell of some Stephen King e-fic material, so I think that might be next on the list!