Well most men over forty are one or more of the following:

* Lovely but married/in a long term relationship

* Gay

* Bitter about women from a recent divorce

* looking for somebody to look after them

* Have let themselves go. Big time

* Bossy, wanting to tell me how to live my life

* A total player

Or you can find somebody lovely and then find out that he 'has the children every weekend'!!!!!!

So, I'm sure you can see my problem. Plus I bet you can add every man you know into at least one of those categories ;)

Well most men over forty are one or more of the following:

* Lovely but married/in a long term relationship

* Gay

* Bitter about women from a recent divorce

* looking for somebody to look after them

* Have let themselves go. Big time

* Bossy, wanting to tell me how to live my life

* A total player

Or you can find somebody lovely and then find out that he 'has the children every weekend'!!!!!!

So, I'm sure you can see my problem. Plus I bet you can add every man you know into at least one of those categories ;)

As someone who's just about thirty-two, I can vouch for all of the above. Plus, I have the added disadvantage of living in Dundee, where men think it's masculine to cultivate a beer belly, disrespect women and get drunk a lot. In other words, I live in Chavtown. So you can see my problem.

I've been called picky. I call it having standards. And even at my age it's hard finding a straight man without kids. *sigh*

It's all very well saying "Your time will come," but no, there's no way of knowing that. Some people stay single forever and it looks as if I could be one of those.

/whinge off. :D

Many women put off getting married these days until they have a career sorted etc. By definition, that means there must be some men out there too.But I know what you mean, but thirty two is no age. I started out on the singles scene again when I was thirty six and had no problems finding someone else, but it depends on what you are looking for. Come to Aberdeen...with two uni's here there are lots of great folk, and the people up here are really nice...lol I would say that wouldn't I? I'm sure your time will come, but don't be too picky...you might end up missing out on a gem! Book covers and all that...;)

Pp

• 9 months later...