No 1 Ladies Private Detective Agency

supergran71

Bringing to your notice that this is on on Easter Sunday BBC, not sure 1 or 2, and there is or was talk of a series in the near future. Unfortunately the death of Minghella the director might delay or put those plans in jeopardy.

I am really looking forward to seeing it on Sunday. HandD please take note!!!:)

I'm looking forward to it too but I'm glad I've read it already as I've got the characters in my head already and it will be fun comparing how I imagine them to be and how other people interpret them. Very sad about Anthony Minghella though. Still I'm sure it will be a fitting tribute.

I'm looking forward to it too but I'm glad I've read it already as I've got the characters in my head already and it will be fun comparing how I imagine them to be and how other people interpret them. Very sad about Anthony Minghella though. Still I'm sure it will be a fitting tribute.

That's the reason I just read it. I hate reading books after I've seen film adaptations of them

I'm so sad about Minghella. This will be a great tribute, I agree, shame he never got to finish Louis Drax though :)

Have to say I haven't read any of the the books, but thoroughly enjoyed it on the telly tonight and looking forward to the rest of them.

Anyone else watch and enjoy and how close was it to the book?

Kenny says he enjoyed it too.

I've got mixed feelings.

I've only just read the book so it's all pretty fresh in my mind.

There were a few cases missing (the missing husband, the Patel girl, the doctor who was good and bad and others I can't recall off the top of my head, the secretary isn't really as described, there is no camp crimper and she had another 'Gentleman friend' who also asked her to marry him (the Doctor I think)

But it did very much have the essence of the books and was lovely TV. Can I also say that I thought the gangster chap was very lush in his specs ;)

I missed the first 20 minutes of this but tunes in anyway, despite not having read any of the books. Have now decided that I will definitely HAVE to read the books as I really enjoyed it. It was just so, well, lovely is the only word I can think of for it!

I thoroughly enjoyed it - watched as a family and we were all entranced even 15 year old. I have read the book a while ago and I think it transferred well to the screen.

The Guardian caned it today - I knew they would - not one good word. Called it twee, shallow, saccharine, 'Hearbeat' in Botswana and patronising. ;)

So here's the question - do I watch it, or read the book first?!

Read the book.

Don't bother watching it ;)

Or watch it as a 'normal programme' rather than the televisual experience it's been hyped as and then read the books way in the future