The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie

sib

I love Agatha and it's been a while but this is one of the better ones assuming it's the one with the train schedule. I have a bad memory which means that I'll probably be able to reread her when I can't find any more good mystery writers to discover and won't know the "who-done-it".

I love Agatha and it's been a while but this is one of the better ones assuming it's the one with the train schedule. I have a bad memory which means that I'll probably be able to reread her when I can't find any more good mystery writers to discover and won't know the "who-done-it".

I've done that a number of times with hers for exactly the same reason :lol:

I love this Christie book. It doesn't beat "Murder After Hours" but it's one of my favorites.

I had to look that up in an English-American dictionary :smile2:

It's 'The Hollow' over here :lol:

Edited by Maureen

Thanks for that ~ it sounds good. I love Agatha Christie. I have a couple of her audiobooks to listen to ........... The Secret of Chimneys and Miles of Mystery. :lol:

I've just listened to A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh, which I quite enjoyed.

Carole

:lol:

I love the Chimneys books and I think there's only one more (with the rich girl) - might be wrong - there's a French detective - LeFarge or something - sounding kind of like a Dickens character, there - that's where I had to find out what the Surete was - I think - I could be wrong.

Ah, ~V~, I feel so free now to babble on about things I might totally have wrong because of time and lost cells of the brain (as M. Poirot might say).

Ah, ~V~, I feel so free now to babble on about things I might totally have wrong because of time and lost cells of the brain (as M. Poirot might say).

:lol:

Or you could look them up on my link above and see the plot synopses :lol:

• 3 months later...

I'd like to add my review of this book:

Date of Publication: 1935

Number of Pages: 184

Synopsis (from back cover): A is for Mrs. Ascher - fatally attacked in Andover. B is for Betty Barnard - strangled on the beach in Bexhill. C is for Sir Carmichael Clarke - now a corpse in Churston. If nothing else, the murderer knew is ABCs. But the alphabetical assassin would need to know more that that to outwit the world

• 10 months later...

Bonjour and welcome Suzannah.

Me, I think I have read every single thing Agatha has written, I do love her. And also I read of her memoirs as she travelled to the digs each year with her second and very loyal husband Max.

I do not know why Agatha disliked Poirot so much, me I love him and would have loved to have him as a friend and travelling buddy on the trains, a great love of mine.

And I loved Hasting and Miss Lemon and Chief INspector Japp. and the fact that Hercule had a crush on the Russian countess oui? How romantic. :)

• 2 months later...

I have this on my wishlist. :icon_eek: I've recently become somewhat obsessed with Christie's work, so I will definitely be reading ABC Murders in the future. Right now, I'm reading Death on the Nile.

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite of all her books maybe because it was my first Christie book. I read it as a teen and I even pulled a sickie from school so I could finish reading it.

If you like who dunnits, this is the book to read.

• 5 months later...
I do not know why Agatha disliked Poirot so much, me I love him and would have loved to have him as a friend and travelling buddy on the trains, a great love of mine.

And I loved Hasting and Miss Lemon and Chief INspector Japp. and the fact that Hercule had a crush on the Russian countess oui? How romantic. :)

It think it was more that she got really fed up with all the quirks and personal habits she'd given him. It must have got labourious after a while.

There's actually a really funny scene in another book where AC uses Mrs Oliver, her alter-ego, to complain about her detective, the vegetarian, vegetable- mincing, Finn.

:D

Sorry, my post above was to a post on the front page! I really ought to quote in my posts....

:)

Edited by Janet
Added the missing quote. :-)

• 4 months later...

First book by Agatha Christie I read and I loved it. Then I went on to read 2 other famous books of hers, The murder on the orientexpress and Then there were none. Loved all 3 of them. Terrific stories and they really do keep you reading!!! :lol: