Hello

Rainie

Hello, my name is Raine. I just came across this forum and I just had to join as I just love to read :D. I am never without a book.

I mostly read thrillers and horror books, but I am also interested at other genres. And as I am seriously lacking in the Classics department I am trying to read some more Classics as well, although lately I am also very interested in Fantasy books. And with a todler in the house, I'm getting into the childrens books as well. I'm really looking forward to reading him all the classic and new childrens tales.

:) Oh, so many books and so little time. Well I look forward to discussing books with all of you and of course to learn about lots more books that I haven't heard of before.

Welcome Raine.

I think you found the right forum. Everyone is very friendly here and very willing to share information. Several people are making up for deficiencies in their classics reading, and quite a few of us regularly read childrens' books and love them. I think you will be in good company. Give your toddler a hug for having such a great Mum...(you must be if you are reading him / her books!)

Enjoy the forum,

Pp

Hello and welcome Raine! :D

I am also a thriller and horror fan as well, who are your favourite authors?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My favourite authors are Stephen King (his early work), Peter Straub, Anne Rice, Val McDermid, John Connolly, Preston & Child and many others. I'm currently starting to discover the work of James Herbert, which I haven't read so far, but I bought a few of his books and will start with them shortly.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My favourite authors are Stephen King (his early work), Peter Straub, Anne Rice, Val McDermid, John Connolly, Preston & Child and many others. I'm currently starting to discover the work of James Herbert, which I haven't read so far, but I bought a few of his books and will start with them shortly.

Welcome to the forum, Rainie! Preston & Child are among my top 3 favorites ever...I've read all of the Pendergast books, including Wheel of Darkness, which was wonderful. I like Anne Rice's earlier books, particularly The Witching Hour, Queen of the Damned, and The Vampire Armand.:D

What sort of classics are you interested in?

Welcome Raine. How old is your tot? I have a toddler too (Or she will be in a couple of weeks), so I am going to be getting into bigger books with her myself soon. I would be grateful for any book reading tips you can give me on reading with toddlers. Maybe we could swap?

Welcome to the forum, Rainie! Preston & Child are among my top 3 favorites ever...I've read all of the Pendergast books, including Wheel of Darkness, which was wonderful. I like Anne Rice's earlier books, particularly The Witching Hour, Queen of the Damned, and The Vampire Armand.;)

What sort of classics are you interested in?

The Witching Hour is one of my favourites. Beatiful book.

About the Classics, I came across the 1001 books to read before you die lists and am ashamed to say that I have a lot of catching up to do. I believe I have read 10 books of that list and only one was a Classic, Wuthering Heights, which I have read in Highschool ages ago. It is my belief that they don't pay much attention to reading in the Dutch Edicational System, so I really missed out. I am thinking of taking up the 1001 book challenge, but on the other hand I am not quite sure where to start. So if anybody has any suggestions, feel free ...:D

Welcome Raine. How old is your tot? I have a toddler too (Or she will be in a couple of weeks), so I am going to be getting into bigger books with her myself soon. I would be grateful for any book reading tips you can give me on reading with toddlers. Maybe we could swap?

My son is one years old, so he is still a bit young for the real stuff. (Maybe I wrongly used the word Toddler and should have written Mite, I looked it up in a dictionary). But I am starting to read him the classic Fairy Tales and I was given some books by Richard Scary when he was born. How old is your daughter? Book swapping will be difficult, given the language problem, but we could always swap ideas.:)